PDA

View Full Version : Pains in ovaries

Chickadee33
07-01-12, 15:07
This is my first post, think i am seriously losing my marbles. To cut a long story short, i came off the birth control pill 9 months ago (dianette for my PCOS) as my and my other half have decided to try for a baby. About 3 months ago one of my colleagues mentioned that a friend of a friend that is 33 has just been told that she has cervical cancer and there's nothing they can do for her. I don't know why but this sort of struck a chord with me and I thought its been ages since my last smear ( I used to have them every year as they found abnormal cells when I 18yrs and I had them burned out., think I've had something like 12 smears since then and everything been fine so I'm back to the 3 yearlys). Anyhow I book myself into the docs to get this smear done to be told that it only been 2.5 years since my last one and she can't do it unless there are some symptoms which at that time there wasn't. From then onwards I've started to get pains in my ovaries, last month it was mainly in my right side, I went to the docs twice and the first time he had a feel around and said it doesn't feel like anything untoward and the second time he said it probably just my polycystic ovaries playing up! He did the swabs for stds and BV, all clear. I also ended up in a&e, because the pain was so bad down my right side, they took some blood tests and said that everything was fine and it was just ovulation pains. The pain slackened off after that and I got my period on day 33 of my cycle and the trip to a&e seemed to coincide with the the ovulation date. This month I've had the same pains again starting in my left side but also in my left and in my bum cheeks! I'm really worried that this is something sinister and it's driving my insane! Could all this be in my head as its only started since I was refused the smear. They really do feel painful though, sometimes so much so the pain makes me cry.

Any help would be appreciated!

Tifa
12-01-12, 18:33
Hiya i suffer from bad periods and i have terrible ovary pain during my periods and when i am ovulating they make me feel really poorly and hurt like hell, they go into my legs and all round my back so i can understand what you are going through, maybe try get a hot water and bottle and take some pain relief to help you that helps me a lot. I am sure everything is fine with you try not worry.