PDA

View Full Version : I think I INHALED a piece of cat hair, and I am afraid its stuck in my lung.

Worriedgirl87
07-01-12, 20:46
I was next to the sunlight, I was yawning, and accidentally inhaled a piece of cat hair.
I'm afraid it's in my lung and I'm going to get psnomnia.

I heard cat hair is deadly .

mikewales
07-01-12, 20:53
No, it isnt, and it wont stay in your lung, it probably didnt even get there as you would have coughed it up straight away

Wolfie
07-01-12, 21:00
Hi there,

Please try not to worry about this. Our bodies have developed and evolved to be able to deal with things like dust and dirt. In our nasal passage and our throat, we have a lining of thick mucus, accompanied by little tiny hairs called cillia. The mucus grabs pretty much everything from mucky air particles to pathogens. The cillia help move the mucus upwards and we either cough it out completely or swallow it down. If the mucus doesn't catch whatever enters our airway passage, there is an automatic reflex for our body to cough.
You will be fine, I promise, our body is very well designed to cope with things like this.

mikewales
07-01-12, 21:04
Also, if cat hair was deadly, there wouldn't be many cat owners left, I'm sure I inhaled loads from my cats in the past, and never had a problem.

mallan82450
07-01-12, 21:27
I have two cats and a kitten and I've never been ill from their hair.

EmmerLooeez
07-01-12, 21:33
I very much doubt that you have inhaled it, why do you think so? If you're positive that it entered your mouth then you have probably just swallowed it.

If you were to inhale something so large, you would have *noticed*. Your trachea is lined with huggings and huggings of mucous membranes so to catch all of the larger particles that you inhale. If you did inhale a cat hair, it would have been caught on the trachea walls and would eventually be disolved and filtered through your body naturally. Because of this I doubt that the hair would even reach your lungs, but if it did, a cat hair would be ridiculously easy for your body to take care of, it would cause no problems.

You're fine, I promise. x

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

(Also, cat hairs can't be that bad. Cat owners are showed to have less stress and lower incidence of heart attacks ;] )