PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Swan
08-01-12, 00:23
Hi to the forum,
Just thought I would introduce myself, I've struggled with anxiety for many years and the last 18 months or so have been the worst, but I have made a conscious decision to try and make small steps in getting myself out of this deep pit I've found myself in. Having to challenge my thoughts each day to confront my fears, I felt the need to find a site with like minded folks who understand a little of what that means and hopefully here I will find some comfort and support. I've already found some content helpful and hopefully I can continue with a more positive frame of mind.
A little about myself, I am just starting to venture out into the real world again having been reclusive for quite some time, my panic and fear cause me to have episodes of SVT which in itself is quite terrifying. I choose not to take tablets but at the moment I am trying to learn to control my breathing when I am anxious as a way to calm my mind and relax, but as with everything it takes a lot of practice.

diane07
08-01-12, 00:26
Hi Swan

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mirabelle
08-01-12, 01:30
Hi Swan
It sounds like you are ready to tackle your recovery. Hope it goes well for you.
xx

Swan
08-01-12, 14:00
Thanks for the welcome Diane. Hi Mirabelle, thanks I hope so too.

carefree68
08-01-12, 18:41
Hi Swan,

Huge:welcome: to NMP. Have found this site extremely helpful, friendly, caring and at times inspirational. Congrats on your new beginnings and I hope you find help and friends here too.
Keep sharing.:hugs:

Swan
09-01-12, 16:29
Hi Carefree, thanks for your welcome and your encouragement : )