PDA

View Full Version : The last bit of reassurance I need

miniholly
08-01-12, 01:06
Hi,
Well today I got my eyes checked out as I have been worrying about my eyes for around a month now about a retinal detachment/brain tumor. Anyway I went to the opticians today who dilated my pupils and said there was nothing there no tears or detachments, eye pressure was as normal so thats one less worry and do feel better for it :)
However I'm still worried about a brain tumor, its coming up to 4 years since my Dad died and a brain tumor is what my Dad died of, granted it was a very rare one that not many people under the age of 50 get so I shouldn't be so worried, but I am! I don't know whether its just this time of year or not but I am worried I'm dying of some sort of disease I don't know about. I've got eye floaters atm and get them sometimes when I close my eyes, and then just get this black spot in the dark and sometimes the room feels like its getting darker.
My Mum seems to think its migraine and I think shes right, I am on the Pill and I do get the odd headache, nothing crippling just a headache for about 5 minutes that shortly goes.
So what does everyone else think?
Also I think this may be the last time I post on here for a while as I want to get on the recovery road which means no access to Doctor Google! Trying to stay away from the internet as much as possible but just thought I'd get a bit more reassurance as I am still a bit worried about this. Also has anyone fully recovered from HA? Would love to hear peoples encouraging stories x

xfilme
08-01-12, 01:34
I am the same as you. I get a massive influx of HA around the anniversary of my mum dying, and i get worries again that i might have the same. I totally empathise xx

miniholly
08-01-12, 02:00
Its nice to see people who understand. Other people just think I'm crazy, but I do think its an understandable reason and it is around the time of year the most where I convince myself I've got a brain tumor. I feel very happy I haven't got a retinal detachment lol, but keep worrying I have a brain tumor, but I do know that anxiety can cause visual disturbances too so I'm trying to think positive!