PDA

View Full Version : Nervousness & Shaking: reassurance needed

Ghosty
08-01-12, 10:22
Hi all

Apologies of this has been touched upon before.
I have been on Cit for about 3mths (20mg from the start).
For the past few weeks I have started to wake up with my nerves on edge (feeling nervous) and I have also developed a slight shakiness (not noticeable to anyone else, it's that slight). I have also started to experience tics, 99% of which occur when dozing off, asleep (which wake me up) or am in a relaxed (as much as can be lol) state.

Never used to have any of these until the last two weeks of tapering off diazepam.

Can anyone reassure me by telling me similar experiences?
Would greatly appreciate it as - even on my cit - it's starting to get to me.

Many thanks for reading and your input.

Phil

Goggy
08-01-12, 10:30
Hey Phil,

It could be a couple of things the main one I think it's just your having withdraw symptoms From you stopping the diazepam but it could also be the dose of cit isn't enough and u didn't. Notice because you were using the diazepam.
I started on 20mg but after about 3 weeks I it really bad anxiety so I was out upto 30mg and I havnt had any anxiety for at least a week :)
I would check with your gp the next time you go to see if you can go up or just wait a week or 2 more to see if they go away?
Good luck :) let us know how you go :D

Ghosty
08-01-12, 10:49
Hi goggy

Many thanks for that!
I was wondering re the diazepam too, and if it might be connected somehow.

Thanks again, appreciate it.

Phil

Jimgym
08-01-12, 13:05
I'm on 10mg of Cit and i find that sometimes my hands can be a little bit shakey - for example when holding a drink. I don't think it's noticeable but I wish it would go away!

I have only been on them for 3 weeks though...

Ghosty
08-01-12, 16:54
Cheers Jimgym, appreciate the reply.
Same here about wishing they'd go away, as apart from those little things I feel alright.

Good luck buddy!

Phil

fell_on_black_days
12-01-12, 00:59
lo ghosty, nice pic. love laurel and hardy. I'm getting the same, mild tics and twitches. wakes me up too. I also get manic yawning bouts too. very odd. it's my fifth day on citalopram.

Ghosty
12-01-12, 09:21
Hey fell_on_black_days

Thanks for the reply!
5 days eh, have you had any other side effects?

L&H were the best, weren't they?

Cheers
Phil