PDA

View Full Version : Back of thigh hurts

countrygirl
08-01-12, 10:35
From the just above back of knee up back of thigh hurts everytime I lift my leg when walking or if my leg is straight out laying down then it hurts as I bend it back. I cannot crouch down at all.

The logical part of my brain is saying its muscular or tendon. My back went at xmas on that side and I had alot of pain in groin and front of thigh so it could be related to my iffy back although my back itself is much better or it got worse yesterday afternoon after I had sat in someones car with the seat so close ot dashboard I could not put my legs straight.

The Ha part is saying DVT DVT DVT.

Would appreciate some words of wisdom as someone may have had exact same thing as em and know what it is

swgrl09
08-01-12, 16:39
sounds like a pulled muscle, i even get them from sitting the wrong way at work so you may not know how you strained it. try some ibuprofin and gentle stretching

daisydoo
08-01-12, 17:45
Hi. I had this and like you "knew" it was a dvt! But in reality it was because my back was aching so i was putting more pressure on that leg. Also if you were sitting uncomfortably in the car that could have added to it. Im sure its nothing x

Ddcoo
08-01-12, 17:53
hHi Countrygirl, I am pretty sure if it was DVT that you would have continuous pain and it would be hot too from what I have read in the past. It sounds as though you have pulled the muscle by maybe transferring weight when trying to ease your back pain. I do hope you will lose the discomfort very soon. and Happy New Year.

.Poppy.
09-01-12, 03:19
I think if it were DVT there would be other, more serious signs/symptoms other than just pain.

It sounds like a muscle issue. I get this too if I'm really tired and/or have been walking quite a bit. Usually a painkiller and rest helps; heat would help as well.

Also - do you cross your legs frequently? I do and I think that's also part of my problem. Being cramped in a car can also cause issues. And sometimes, you can do something 100+ times and then one time you do it and it causes you to strain a muscle, be sore, etc. Our bodies just aren't super consistent.