PDA

View Full Version : HOME SICK

loulou
09-06-06, 19:50
Hi All,

I'm off on holiday on sunday with my parents, my sister her husband and my niece and nephew to Tunisia but to be honest im dreading it its making me feel physically sick im home sick before ive even left im only going for a week but i really dont want to go i feel like crying and i dont know why.... i should be ok cause im going with my family but im very close to my auntie and talk all the time and shes not going and im worried im going to miss her too much im very homely and miss england when im away ive been abroad loads of times before and always get home sick but normally am ok after a few days but ive never been like this before ive even left the country not even when i went with my friends family for three weeks which was the first time away without my parents i dont know why this is effecting me soo much ive been pa and depression free for about six months now ive passed my drving test came of prozac quit smoking and have felt generally really well so why is this effecting me like this ? im scared im going to have a PA on the plane cause i hate flying at the best of times cause it makes me feel really traped.... sorry to have waffled on but needed to clear my chest lol xx

Lisa

india
09-06-06, 20:01
Hi Lou Lou, i too felt like this before my holiday(read about it in success stories!) so i know what you are going through. Tha build up to the day of departure is the worst bit, but once you are there i'm sure you'll be fine, i never thought i would be, but i surprised myself!

As someone advised me, try to think of it as a bit of relaxing therapy where you will really unwind, and not a threatening situation.

Thinking of you, India xxx

jackie
09-06-06, 21:11
lou lou try to remember that the things you will miss will be right here when youreturn in just 7 days time. nothing will have changed but if you try to appreciate the company you have with you it may make the time you have away better and go quicker

i hope you enjoy it a little more than you think you will

jackie

carlin
10-06-06, 18:23
Hi there, you have done so well, given up smoking,passed your driving test, come off prozac and been panic free for quite a while, you should have put this post in the success stories!!!!! I believe everyone going away feels a little apprehensive, you will be fine on the flight, take all your usual back-up equipment, once you are there, make your apartment/hotel room your new home, make it cosy with all your bits and bobs,there are lots of 'old' posts on here that will give you a lot of advice re: holidays/flights etc....read through them, i even printed some off to help me! You will have a fantastic holiday and will be able to come back and advise many others on how to cope!!!!!

loulou
22-06-06, 20:09
Hi All,

Well I'm back and had a BRILLIANT time didnt get homesick at all cried when i had to come home my only compaint was it went to quick LOl feel a bit down this week post holiday blues i think .... thanks for all your replies.

take care

xx

Lisa

marie ross
22-06-06, 20:53
Hi Lisa,

Well done, you must have had a brilliant time!!! Thats the only problems with holidays, you worry about them beforehand for weeks and weeks on end and then when you get there before you know it, it's time to come back again!!!

Take care.

Marie XXX