PDA

View Full Version : Bleach

Em.ma
08-01-12, 13:17
Hi i just used bleach and water to scrub the mould of my big outside wall and my blind.
well it worked on my wall quite wall but my blinds are still black lol. anyway i had a cut on my hand when using the bleach and even after scrubbing my hands after my hands still smell of bleach and i have a taste in my mouth like bleach. I kepy my window open and door open whilst using the bleach- ive never used it my self before.
Happy that my wall looks better but my blinds look like a dirty chimney still lol.
I showered after aswell- but i had poured the dirty water down the bath i showered even though i rinsed it. i put my top i was wearing back on but cahnged my pj trousers as they got wet and put my dressing gown on.

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

also my blinds are suded matireal- i wiped them with a cloth after but they are still damp.

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

my hands are also very very dry now and waxy feeling on them.

duke246810
08-01-12, 13:33
Emma, take a second to calm down.

This is normal, you've used bleach and its not going to hamr you unless you drink it. As long as you used some rubber gloves or kept it off your hands your be fine, if you didn't then iit might be abit sore but nothing more, okay. :) x

crystal17
08-01-12, 13:35
Hey Emma its all good, dont worry the waxy feeling is normal it will go by later today. I use bleach all the time and had a few mishaps with it and its fine.

Did you wear gloves?

Good that you kept the window open, as long as you do that you will be fine!

Em.ma
08-01-12, 13:35
Thanks.
I didnt used gloves but after i scurrebed with shower gel a lot and got it all off and washed my hands properly.
My worry is even though i wiped my blinds after they are still wet lol.

duke246810
08-01-12, 13:43
Emma its all good, nothing to worry about, if your blinds are soaking wet them take them down and lealeave out to dry, but if thethere jjuat ddamp open the windows. X

Em.ma
08-01-12, 13:46
Thanks. There damp ish- to wet lol. my windows still open so hopefully there dry off :)
even though the mould is still there badly on them will the bleach have killed of any germs?

duke246810
08-01-12, 14:03
Yes bleach is very strong emma x

Em.ma
08-01-12, 14:07
Hopefully my dad has some damp proof paint i can use and then i can re paint my room :D
My bedroom is just in the unfortunate place as i have two large outside walls lol

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

theres even some orange stains on my wall lol were the mould is that i can not shift even with a good scrub with bleach lol

duke246810
08-01-12, 14:10
Emma its all good, nothing to worry about, we use bleach all tthe time, as does many other people lol x

kate89
08-01-12, 15:38
hello emma hun
i'm constantly using bleach for one thing or another in thi house lol i use it raw aswell and never wear gloves (even tho i should ) and i'm perfectly fine so you've got no need to worry hun.also the smell of bleach will linger for a while with it been such a strong smell.take care hun xx

Em.ma
08-01-12, 15:41
Thanks x

lizzie29
08-01-12, 15:59
What about getting a special mould spray?

Em.ma
08-01-12, 16:02
Yer i didnt think of that :) sounds like a good idea as more if may come off

lizzie29
08-01-12, 16:04
Just had a quick look - B&Q has some, but you may be able to get it cheaper elsewhere. Ebay or somewhere maybe. Also, if it's elsewhere in the house maybe you could share the cost with your parents?

Em.ma
08-01-12, 16:05
Thanks. I'll ask my parents and see what they say about it :)

linjoy
08-01-12, 16:16
BLeach is the best bactericide, kills all germs, it's safe to use on it's own but don't mix with other germ killers and cleaners ( Dettol, toilet cleaners, anti septics hard surface cleaners etc. as this will give of chlorine gas .
I wouldn't use anything else, it's cheap and kills all known germs the only thing against it is the smell Use carefully and ALWAYS read the instructions on the bottle

thebe
09-01-12, 12:31
dettol mould and mildew remover is good, you just spray it on and you dont have to scrub, rub or touch it,its in a green bottle, spray toop from tesco or asda, it has bleach in it too
T x