PDA

View Full Version : really panicking

radu
08-01-12, 13:43
Hi all. This is my first post. Sorry if its long. I've been having severe anxiety problems for 2 years now.

Anyway a few weeks ago i had a cold that went away but left me with a really bad cough that progressed to me feeling the worst i have ever feli in my life. The doctor said probably a chest infection and gave me amoxicillin which did not work at all. She then sent me to the hospital for tests. They gave me full blood works, chest xray, and heart ecg, all was clear except they said my infection count was up. They also diagnosed chest infection and gave me clarithromycin.

I actually started to feel much better until day 4 of the antibiotics. That night i had a few seconds chest tighntness and i convinced myself that i had numbness in my left arm(i really probably didnt) so i started panicking about a heart attack, which of course didnt happen.

The problem is the morning after i woke up feeling terrible. I had a chest tightness that came and went all day and i was off my food again. Im now in a confused panic state. I assume that the chest tightness was not serious because, well, nothing happened, but i still panic about it. Also i'm panicking about the chest infection. I was starting to feel better but i feel really off today. There are only 2 days left of the antibiotics and im worried that the cough is still there and isnt going away.

What if the tablets dont work? The whole thing is on my mind 24/7 and im just really scared in general. Im trying to rationalise the heart thing by telling myself that i already had the blood tests, ecg, and xray in the hospital so i think any problem would be picked up but i just cant help but panic. Any advice/thoughts would be really appreciated

Ddcoo
08-01-12, 18:10
Hi Radu, when I had a chest infection last year, I had 3 lots of anti biotics before it cleared and I felt drained for weeks after, so if you still feel bad after you have finished your tablets then go back to your GP and he will be able to hear your chest and give you more tablets if it is still there. It is miserable feeling so poorly but you will get better eventually - be kind to yourself, lots of warm drinks and plenty of rest.
Hope you soon feel much better.

Paniclissx
08-01-12, 18:20
when i take antibiotics, they always give me chest pain... everytime, my chest gets so tight that i cant take in a full breath, please dont worry its probably just a side affect of the antibiotics but DEFINATLY NOT a serious one.. like i said i get it everytime, if it continues after you stop takin your meds then see your GP for advice and reassurance xx

mallan82450
08-01-12, 19:17
when i take antibiotics, they always give me chest pain... everytime, my chest gets so tight that i cant take in a full breath, please dont worry

That doesn't sound to good :wacko: Antibiotics shouldn't give you that sort of sensation.