PDA

View Full Version : My symptoms are back.

emh
08-01-12, 14:07
Hi guys,

I've not been on here for about a month now. I got put onto 20mgs of cit back in Oct because I was experiencing dizziness and the doc put it down to anxiety. I had a terrible first 4 weeks, the dizziness got worse and the anxiety was unbelievable! Then things started to settle down, I went back to the gp for a check up and was bouncing into his office because I felt so good. I had a good christmas, then suddenly out of no where about 3 or 4 days after xmas I started getting back dizziness again. I was back at the doc for a check anyway and he suggested putting dose up but thought it was unusual to start getting symptoms back again. I said I wanted to get back into routine after xmas then I might put them up. He also worried me slightly by saying I may need further test for the dizzness, when I thought it was just anxiety, hence it's made me more anxious!! Help, I'm fed up of always feeling dizzy, I really thought I'd cracked it, but obviously not :weep:

clc
08-01-12, 14:57
Ive heard that if it works then starts to not work as well it means your dose needs to be upped. Maybe check what the dizziness is for peace of mind. I had an ECG because I kept getting chest pains because of panic attacks and it did me good when it came back all clear.

I am also one for routine and hoping once thing are back to normal I will start feeling better!! Xx

Goggy
08-01-12, 20:59
Hi :)

I agree I think it means u need a higher dosage cause I started on 20mg and my 3rd weeks I was feeling much better then Bam I got the worst anxiety ever so I was put upto 30mg and havnt had one since :)

Hope this helped :)

Tero
08-01-12, 21:34
I did ok even on 10mg for half a year. The winter months seem to be harder. There is seasonal depression, why not seasonal anxiety? Now on 20mg, will stay there.

Take care.

Justin1973
09-01-12, 18:11
Yep, I'm having a similar problem :weep: I took 20mg in sept. Felt fine by Oct. I came down with a chest infection which knocked me a bit. Had it for a long time and had to take 2 types of anti-biotics. I'm sure the second lot have disrupted my meds. It was a very strong dose of antibiotics and was told that of the the side effects was increased anxiety.

Then, Christmas came along and have been going out rather a lot over the holiday season.

Since New Year's day, I've been mostly depressed more than anxious. However, I've had anxiety, almost constant. It's quite mild and I think the 20mg is keeping it that way. However, I don't feel great. I feel pretty unhappy and tireful the last two days. I'm not sure about increasing my dose. Whether I should wait. Whether I can put with starting from scratch as I'll have the side effect back again :weep:

I'm still able to go out, have fun. I tend to feel worse whem I'm at home alone during the day. I'm truying to stay positive and I'm doing a lot of positive self talk. I'm very anxious about going to a service user meeting tomorrow. Roll on spring lol.

I know how you feel. You have my full sympathy.

clc
09-01-12, 18:28
I think if you stop having fun you should up yor dose. I hate being alone too! Always have due to boredom but it's worse now with anxiety and depression.

I can not wait for the sun to come back! I know if it was summer I would not be in this state.