PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks in sleep?

katie23
08-01-12, 14:55
I woke up last night through my snoring and I taken that as though I couldn't breathe! And I had a huge panic attack managed to sleep straight after it though! :doh: Does anyone else get panic attacks randomly in the night!?

I woke up going ' it's just a panic attack' try to sleep

yellowLight
08-01-12, 15:42
Hey Katie
Ye i get them a lot in the night,Maybe from bad dreams!I also find when i lie down to go to bed i start freaking out randomly.If i get one in the night i normally take 1mg lorazepam just to relax otherwise i end up going completely paranoid.The nights are terrible as everyone is sleeping , you kind of feel alone!!!!

But ye Panic Attacks in the night are by far the worst for me.
:bighug1:

haz
08-01-12, 16:11
Happens quite often to me too. Apparently it is quite common if you have been diagnosed with Panic Disorder. I take 5mg Diazepam and am usually back asleep within half an hour.

I think the ones that wake you up are the scariest!

x

paulhem
08-01-12, 16:30
yes very common.

Mine come when im drifting off to sleep. I can soon control them now though.

Danath
08-01-12, 16:59
Yeah they're called 'Pavor Nocturnus' or night terrors, I had them a whiel back but it was ashort phase which passed thankfully

stamags
09-01-12, 19:17
Yes get them now and again which really scare me.so much so I stay awake all night

Mindful
09-01-12, 21:26
Had these quite a lot when i was at my worst, still get them occasionally now but these days i just quickly acknowledge it and let it go an turn over and go back to sleep. Sounds so simple doesnt it? I appreciate that its scary as heck tho x