PDA

View Full Version : how long do you have to wait between each anti-biotic?

duke246810
08-01-12, 16:49
I have to take three a day, iI took my first aat 11 (I know abit late). And I've just had my second, do you think that's okay? 5 hours between each? It doesn't say on the ppacket how long to leave it, just says space it out.

Em.ma
08-01-12, 17:05
bit unusual that it doenst say honestly- i think NHS direct can tell you when to have them?

Moneypenny
08-01-12, 17:13
When my kids were taking them I usually spaced them out at 8am/1pm/7pm. Which works out 5hrs/6hrs so I don't think it would be a problem for you to take it now and the last one of the day before bedtime.

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

I am pretty sure the ones we have had in the past just said 3 times a day at regular intervals. Like the pp said you could always call NHS direct if in any doubt.

Danath
08-01-12, 17:16
yeah its fine

daisydoo
08-01-12, 17:50
Thats fine. Just regular and as long as theres a couple of hours its no problem. I had some four times a day and certainly wasnt going to get up in the night to take them so squeezed them in. My little girl wouldnt let the teachers give hers so she had two doses between home time and bedtime so only three hours gap and was fine xx

miss_t
08-01-12, 17:55
I leave 6 hours - 8am 2pm and 8am or 9am 3pm and 9pm.

I've always done it that way, as the longer u leave between each dose the less likely side effects are - according to my Dr.

You could leave 8 hours between each dose - 6am 2pm and 10pm, its up to you really.

suzy-sue
08-01-12, 18:06
Amoxicillin should be taken every 8 hrs with food .So take one at 8 oclock 4 oclock and right before bed for best results .Too much in the blood can make you feel sick or upset your tum .Its important to have a constant supply in the blood at all times for effectiveness ..If there isnt enough in the bloodstream the bacteria will multiply and can take longer to treat .Hope this clears things up Duke ..Sue x

happycarrot
08-01-12, 19:45
I would think it would be fine. When I was a kid, my mom would give my antibiotics with breakfast, after I got home from school, and then right before bed. They weren't spaced perfectly evenly apart, but it worked. Now if I need them, I just have one with each meal since you usually have to take them with food anyway.