PDA

View Full Version : slow heart rate, weak pulse?! please read lol

pablo22
08-01-12, 18:32
hey, after my panic attacks yesterday, today im still very lightheaded and my heart beat feels slower than normal and feeling the pulse in my neck it is quiet weak! anyone else get this?? its terrifying, just keeping it together, very close to going into full blow panic again :(

mallan82450
08-01-12, 19:14
It may be your mind playing tricks but might be an idea to contact NHS direct if you're unsure. They will be able to advise you better.

Take care.

EmmerLooeez
08-01-12, 20:08
This is one of my biggest fears, too.
A slow heart beat is a good thing, don't worry :)

You really shouldn't check your pulse a lot, but if you insist on doing it make sure you're in the same position every time. I found out the reason that I thought my pulse was weak was that I kept tilting my head in different ways, so I obviously perceived the strength differently every time. Have you felt your wrist?

Hearts are actually stronger in people who suffer with anxiety, it's a muscle afterall and all the times we panic we're giving it a 'work out'.

Hope you feel better soon. X

pablo22
08-01-12, 20:43
haha i know i only heard that recently that people with panic have stronger hearts! its comforting! but ye, ugh i dont know if im taking it ryt anymore, i try not to as much as i can, but sometimes i just have to lol, do u ever find u have a weak pulse though, that freaks me out more than the slow heartbeat! x

hope ur well today!

EmmerLooeez
08-01-12, 22:16
Yes I do often perceive that my pulse is weaker, but it's probably not. I've had an ECG and the DR listening to my heart when I felt that my pulse was weaker but was reassured that it was fine, I bet the same can be felt for you.

I worry that my pulse will get weaker and weaker until it just stops, but our hearts won't just stop for no reason - we've just got to remind ourselves that it's our anxiety causing us to think like this.

I've had a relatively good day thank you, I'm feeling okay. How about yourself?x

pablo22
08-01-12, 23:35
ye im feeling alot better know... i think it as a slow pulse, even though its just a normal pulse because im not used to a normal pulse lol, im used to my heart racing most the day... i took my blood pressure 114/87! grand! lol ... 2mo will be better hopefully! xx

EmmerLooeez
08-01-12, 23:58
Ahh that's fab :)
I hope you have a good day tomorrow then, when you feel as though you need to check your pulse, just try and distract yourself.

xx