PDA

View Full Version : Bereavement

TinyLittleLegs
08-01-12, 21:06
Hi I am writing on behalf of my daughter (tinylittlelegs). Her dad passed away suddenly last Tuesday and she is in shock as we all are as it was totally unexpected. Is there anyone who can offer any help or advice on how she can deal with her feelings at the moment. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Yvonne.

hungrycaterpillar
08-01-12, 21:37
Hi there. My mother passed away very suddenly 4 years ago. I might be able to help? Why not ask Tiny to send me a PM?

lizzie29
08-01-12, 22:12
I don't really have any advice sorry, but just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear this. Send her a big hug. x

Littlehelper123
08-01-12, 22:30
Sorry to hear about your loss. Losing someone you love is very difficult. I lost my brother when i was just 12.

The best advice I can give you and her is to get yourselves a counselor, one each and one together. Seeing a counselor by yourself is key as you can open up more. Distraction is key too. Try to keep your mind active. Think positive thoughts - i know that is difficult but by thinking things like "He wouldn't have wanted me to be sad" , it helps a lot.

If your daughter needs to talk to anyone she is welcome to message me. I've lost numerous members of my family and I am only 17 so it sucks being so young and having people taken away from you xxx

take care xxx

TinyLittleLegs
08-01-12, 22:42
Thank you to everyone for your replies. I am going to get councelling for her and myself. She is finding difficult at the moment to think about having to go the the funeral.

Best wishes
Yvonne