PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a chronic hypocondriac and a terminal worrier

Sparkle_
09-01-12, 01:14
My name is Emma. As my title says, I am a huge hypochondriac and worrier- always convinced I've got something! First I thought I had botulism (then I found out it was actually very rare) , then it was a brain tumor (I was extremely stressed, when it all calmed down the headaches stopped), yesterday I thought I was going to die of a accidental inhalor overdose, now I think I've got a chest infection because I keep coughing!

I recently finished a course of CBT for OCD, now I'm subclinical, yay! :yesyes: That didn't help either, since I sometimes refused to do certain things or go to places because I thought I would get a stomach upset. I worried myself so much, I often did get one anyway! Often after having a "ZOMGI'MGOINGTODIIIE!" fest, I give myself a case of the stress squits.

When I'm not stressing about something, I enjoy videogames, browsing the web and sleeping.

nomorepanic
09-01-12, 01:16
Hi Sparkle_

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

quickman
09-01-12, 23:17
Hi Emma,

Sounds like me - more I get worried, more 'symptoms' I get, and the more it gets aggravated - doesn't help I do stuff like work in insurance and spraypaint on a near daily basis for a hobby...!!

Health anxiety/stressing is horrible. Join the club, welcome aboard :)

Greenman50
09-01-12, 23:28
:welcome:

You will be in good hands with the members on here , i swear i wouldn,t be where i am today without this place .
I won,t bore you with my last 12 months but nmp has helped me no end .

:hugs:

magnesium
10-01-12, 23:51
Hi Emma

I particularly enjoyed the last line of your introduction :) Its always inspiring when someone has managed to retain a sense of humour about it all.

Heres hoping you find everything you need on here.

Hassaan

venusbluejeans
11-01-12, 12:05
Hiya Emma and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

from Emma