PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia

swanlinnet
09-01-12, 04:55
Hi Everbody

Just passing through yet another bout of insomnia. Awake most of the night and asleep all day !!!!

Wondered if anybody has a peculiar sleep pattern ?

Vince

Erin27
11-01-12, 00:22
I have the same problem and am currently trying to break the pattern!!! I go through phases where its worse and others where its not so bad but my sleep pattern is all over the place.....

..... Im hoping once Im back at uni next week after the Xmas break that I'll get into more of a routine and that I'll be busier during the day to tire me out at night. Not always the way it works though. Advice I've been given in the past is to not have caffeine after 6pm and to try and have a winding down period at the end of each day.... hopefully you'll be able to change the pattern thats developed??

Hope some of that helps, at least.

Erin

swanlinnet
12-01-12, 06:41
Thank you Erin:)

Hope University restores your sleep pattern to a 'normal' time.
I did have a quiet rest yesterday at 5.00pm and awoke nine hours later at 2.00am this morning !!! :) It's the boredom of being wide awake at all hours' that is not nice since all of my friends are asleep at that time.

Good luck with the course. Thank you for your help.

Vince

Itwillbeok
28-01-12, 07:11
I am anxious and awake from about 3pm every night and shattered during the day Its really agffecting my ability to work

oneofus
28-01-12, 11:41
Hi All,
Some effective tips to cure insomnia,
Do exercise regularly to reduce stress and check your medications.
Make a schedule of sleeping and awaking and avoid taking anything an hour before going to bed. Avoid caffeine, cigarette and other stimulants.

Caffeine is an odd substance. Sometimes it will depress and at others stimulate. I find an espresso and hot chocolate very pleasant around 1900, it keeps me going all evening so when I goto bed i feel like I've achieved something and that helps me sleep. Then if I do wake up in the night at least I wake up i know the reason why!

Or maybe I'm just a coffee addict.

One of us

xhyperyogix
28-01-12, 11:49
hi, i take temazepam which helps as long as i'm not too hyper! but don't take it every day coz of tolerance / addiction. i'm also keeping a sleep / mood / event diary. atm i'll sleep from about 12-5am deep sleep which is oddly an improvement since i started taking sertraline a week ago. I used to get 2-3 hrs a night and 1-2 hrs in the afternoons and this would be dozing at best - but i dont seem to need more. I'd done that for years unless i end up sleeping solidly for 3 days / weeks, ops!!!! so anyway, sert has helped me too.

the other thing that helps sometimes is meditation / relaxation music....

love hyper xx