PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

Biggles252
10-06-06, 00:41
Hi, I'm 25 and suffering from anxiety, depression, agoraphobia for about 7 years now and ive recently become anxious about my health. My friends don't seem to understand what I go through so I looked on the internet and fould this place. After reading some of the website I didn't feel so alone anymore.

Thats it for now
Kelly [^]

spooky
10-06-06, 04:15
Hi Biggles, welcome , I also have found comfort here

spooky

Meggy
10-06-06, 04:47
Hello -

I'm fairly new too. Yes, isn't it a relief to have a peer to speak to? I have PTSD and goodness so many things I'm learning, but learning will give me power to help myself. I lacked that before. People close to me hush me up. That hurts. The more I post? The more I learn. Glad you're here.

Meggy

giddy
10-06-06, 07:34
Welcome to the site Kelly
Love Helen

trac67
10-06-06, 09:24
Hi Kelly,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

jill
10-06-06, 10:50
Hi Kelly :D

WELCOME TO THE SITE,

You have come to the right place, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

marie ross
10-06-06, 10:59
Hi Kelly

Welcome to the forum, i hope you find a lot of help and friends here.

Take care.

Marie XXX

chedda
10-06-06, 11:11
hia kelly, i am also quite new on here i also have agoraphobia and also panic attacks .This site is fantastic and gives so much positive help and info.You definately arent alone and anytime you want to chat feel free to PM me...hopefully you will find as much usefull info on here as i have
take care cheryl xx

Daisybun
10-06-06, 11:57
Hi Kelly
Welcome to the site. You'll find lots of support here

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Munchkin
10-06-06, 13:06
hi kelly,
welcome!

"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

nomorepanic
10-06-06, 18:16
Hi Kelly

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help to you and you meet some great people on here.

Nicola

jackie
10-06-06, 18:39
so glad you feel less alone biggles, that can only be a good thing

jackie

Kate C
10-06-06, 20:55
Hi Kate C here,

I am an anxiety veteran and am happy to report that I think I've come out the other side for the time being! People like us never say never do they?!

I have found various things to have worked well for me and hope i can impart this to other people as necessary. I know the misery of anxiety and depression and how lonely a business it can be so I hope at some stage in the future I can make some useful recommendations!

Bye for now!

chucklehound
11-06-06, 10:16
Hi Kelly, welcome to the forum

Karen
11-06-06, 13:18
Welcome to the forum and I am glad you are already feeling less alone.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=healthanxiety)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here, as well as having the chance to make some great friends.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

hayles
12-06-06, 09:13
A very big wlecome to you x

Hay x

panicdiva
12-06-06, 09:20
Hi Biggles, I know what you mean about your friends not understanding. In all fairness to them; it really is hard to understand panic/anxiety/agorophobia if you have not experienced it. That is why this site is so brilliant because everyone knows what you are going through & can relate to it totally. It really does help to know that you are not alone, not crazy, and not weak. I am so glad you found this site & I am sure you will enjoy using it as much as we all do. I know I do.