PDA

View Full Version : worried about daughter, can anyone reassure?

rainbow
09-01-12, 09:12
hi, my 8 yo daughter had a urine infection about a month ago. She was given antibiotics but she never finished the course. Her symptoms had improved. About 2 weeks later she started getting discomfort again so i took her back to the gp.

He tested her urine with a dipstick and said there was nitrates, leukocytes and a little bloos. A sample was sent to the lab and my daughter was prescribed trimethropin?

Her symptoms improved but i receied a letter from the gp on saturday saying they had the results of her test and they wanted another sample. Now i've gone into panic mode. I'm taking her to the gp today but can anyone help put my mind at ease in the meantime?

sickandtired
09-01-12, 09:27
It will just be a follow up test to see if the water infection has gone....dont worry xx

JaneC
09-01-12, 09:27
Hi Rainbow, I suspect the reason they contacted you is that the original sample showed infection and they now want to test again to make sure the antibiotics have done their job and cleared it up. Standard practice at my GP. Doubt there's any need to worry x

countrygirl
09-01-12, 17:33
You must always finish a course of antibiotics regardless of feeling better as not finishing the course can mean some bacteria get left behind that get resistance to the antibiotic.

Please don't take this the wrong way I am not wishing to offend but so many people just don't know this and that is why they keep getting repeat infections that can be resistant to alot of antibiotics.

It was quite a problem when I worked at the Drs even if the Dr explained it to the patient and alot of Drs don't bother!