PDA

View Full Version : Finally posted on here

Hello1234
09-01-12, 11:31
Good afternoon everyone I am 25 years of age and had a panic attack unexpected at work around 3 months ago, the next few months I had a few more full panic attacks and haven't had one since but unfortunately I still get symptoms through the day which are sweaty hands, sweaty feet, bad concentration, and thinking things aren't real especially when on night shifts, I know these things are anxiety as I have had all my blood tests chest x rays ECG etc and no problems at all, the main problem I have now is that I lost interest in a lot of things I do going to the gym playing football and when I do I just think I'm going to pass out or black out because my main problem is I'm thinking about my breathing constantly one day I think I've got to much air in my lungs and one day I think I'm not taking enough air, and when it goes away I then start thinking why am I not thinking about my breathing can get really frustrating and I cant seem to focus on life, and I get this hot rush feeling through my body does anybody else have this problem and any tips to get through? I have been given 10mg citlopram I'm on day 4 hopefully this will help me?

pinkdove
09-01-12, 11:43
:welcome: to nmp, i'm sorry to hear you are having such a tough time just now.

You have done thr right thing to get help, hopefully the citalopram will make you feel better, stick with it as it does take time to work, but it will work, it has for me, you will get a lot of advice and support on this site.

take care and let us know how you are getting on :hugs:

hanshan
09-01-12, 12:04
Hi Hello1234,

Most drugs of this class can take a week or two before the benefits occur.

So hang in there, and don't be afraid to chat in the meantime.

Hanshan

Hello1234
09-01-12, 14:58
Thank you do much for your reply, I have stopped going to the gym and doing other activitys I loved because I keep thinking to myself if I go gym and get out of breathe I will lose control of my breathing and die, I know this is a silly thought but I can't get away from it, have any of you experienced this? X

clc
09-01-12, 17:56
My anxiety has also caused me to have depression like Natalie above said. I can't face the gym anymore! I have been on cit 2 and a half weeks and just upped my dose. So far no improvement so don't expect it to work straight away but I'm confident mine will work soon and so will yours! Things will be backto normal in no time. X

Worried_Male
09-01-12, 19:32
Stick with the citalopram, it has worked wonders for me. It did take 5-6 weeks before i noticed a difference.

Hello1234
10-01-12, 09:44
Thank u for all your posts I am not going to let this beat me even though it can get frustrating,vespecially at work I can't seem to get motivated some days it is strange as I loved my job before the panic attack and that's where it happened so I'm thinking it is depression but hoping the tablets help out.... clc do u mind if I ask why u can't face the gym? X

hanshan
13-01-12, 11:36
Hi Hello 1234,

Keep trying with the citalopram. It can take a month or so to show benefits.

As for the gym and the breathing, that sounds like anxiety. The citalopram may quieten that down as well.

Hang in there.

Hanshan

Stormsky
13-01-12, 12:17
hi
I read that Exercise produces the good form of adrenaline, but anxiety sufferers can mistaken it as the start of panic attack.

Hello1234
14-01-12, 14:13
Thanks again for your replays I have been taking the citlopram for 7 days now and have had days where I felt great and some bad not sure if that is the medication or not, yesterday morning I woke up feeling horrible like as if I wanted to cry then took my dog a walk and had a shower and felt on top of the world, so strange, still not over enthusiastic at work but have noticed its getting slightly better and I haven't had any of the really crap thoughts anymore such as life is boring, and not enjoying my days off etc, I am going back to the doctors to change my medication though as I have noticed that it is effecting me sexual sorry to put this blunt but I am taking forever to ejaculate and cannot get a full erection I understand this is a side effect of citlopram so I will take this back t the doctor to see what they say, has anybody ever experienced this problem and got back to normal with it?