PDA

View Full Version : shouldnt happen?

joy
09-01-12, 16:33
I have been on cipralex for 8 weeks at 20mg. Weeks 4,5 6 i was ok but the last two weeks the anxiety is back with a vengence. I have just rang the Mental health team who said once the med starts to work it doesnt go backwards. So why has it? 20mg is the highest dosage on cipralex so I cant go up.

Any advice please

Joy

lins13
09-01-12, 17:03
Hiya Joy
cipralex is a good ssri, i was on them for a good few years until 3 years ago when i came off them. From what i can remember the first month on them were a nightmare with the side effects, i felt better and strongers after about 3 months being on them. Stick with it, gradually you will feel better, takes people longer than others, just try not to think about your anxiety and distract yourself.

Jmac
09-01-12, 18:45
IMO, your team isn't quite correct. My pdoc, my experience and that of many ssri users would indicate that setbacks or "blips" are quite common. Check out Anxious in Canada's cipralex log. It's what keeps me going through the blips - and there have been plenty of them.

Jmac

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 ----------

in many cases it certainly feels like "two steps forward, one step back".

smb25
10-01-12, 20:32
I agree with jmac.

I have been on cipralex for nearly a year and still have "blips".

In fact suffered one at xmas time and its still lingering a bit but also am under going some problems at home with my husbands health so thats not helping.

You will get through this blip and they will come and go from time to time, its not easy but is a case of riding it out, it will pass.... promise x:winks: