PDA

View Full Version : calf pain

angie21
09-01-12, 18:30
trying not to panic here, but had pain in my right calf for last couple of hours, about three times had twinges left side just below ribs since this afternoon, now am thinking blood clot, worried, all this on my first day of stop smoking, i really need to stop smoking, did it for nine weeks last year, my kids were proud of me, wish me luck, and reasurance need, many thanks
angie x

VioletWings
10-01-12, 12:21
Hey there angie,
Indeed, try not to worry! I had calf pain that lasted about a week or two not long ago, and I was absolutely panicking about it! I even went to the docs.. typically when it was getting better though. The pain was on and off, lying down, sitting or walking. I was so worried, I also got the very odd twinges in the right calf, but it was generally my left.
Anyway, it went away on it's own thankfully. Like the doctor told me, there is usually signs of swelling and redness/heat at the sight of the pain, if it's a clot.
The pain is likely to be muscular, or nerve related. Obviously if it worries you lots, get a doc appointment for peace of mind (like I did!)
Also well done on going for giving up smoking again! Don't give up on that, even if you're stressing. All the best to you!
Hannah x

amandaj
10-01-12, 14:37
hi i didnt realise how much people was worried about clots until i actually had them, now i see it daily on here it is a very scary thing but it is not that common to get them , calfs aching doesnt mean its got to be something bad even though our good old anxiety tells us it is , the pains i had in certain places didnt come and go i couldnt even walk with them but as above said sometimes we need the reasssurance of a dr to m ake us feel a bit better , well done on packing up smoking any tips on how to do it as i really need to tc amandaxx

angie21
10-01-12, 18:54
thanks violetwings and amandaj for your replies
not geting the pains as much today, walked to shop and back last nite about 7, was dark and its only five mins away, if it was a blood clot no way i would be able to walk to shop and back, now believe it is muscular or nerve related, no doubt will be worrying about sumthing else tomorro
well on second day of not smoking, yeah.
am using patches again, weird dreams i have, not scary but weird, got to do it this time, i worry about my health as it is, wont to still be here to see my youngest grow up to a handsome young man, am forty, youngest is 20 months,
when i stopped last year for nine weeks, i saves that much money i got painter and decorator in to do my kitchen
i kept busy, about house, looking after lil one, even going for short walks with my dog, instead of that cig straight after dinner grab your jacket go for ten min walk, drink plenty of water, always had a bottle of water handy.
best of luck to any one who is trying to stop smoking, we can do it, dont give up
hugs xxx angie xxxx

carefree68
10-01-12, 19:08
Glad you are feeling much better, have the same as you off and on but deff think its tension or nerve related so have kind of got past that symptom now.

Well done on day 2. I gave up 7 months ago, one of the best thing I ever did....so Good Luck.:yesyes: