PDA

View Full Version : hypnotherapy?

duke246810
09-01-12, 19:06
As you all know i ssuffer frfrom an extreme case of anxiety, to the point where I am almost giving up. I wanted to try ssomething new, what does everyone think of hypnotherapy? I know it doesn't work for all people and its quite expensive, but im willing to ppay anything to get me out of this destructive mmess.

mikewales
09-01-12, 20:13
I dont know of anyone who has successfully used hypnotherapy for anxiety. It can work well for certain phobias, but doesn't seem to be very good for anx. Medication and/or therapy is much better.

Em.ma
09-01-12, 20:33
I would think it would be much better for people suffering from phychosis/halluncations but i cant be sure lol x

mikewales
09-01-12, 20:38
It wouldnt help pychosis or hallucinations, only pretty strong meds really help with that

jessicalittler79
09-01-12, 20:47
I have a app on this thursday my threipist wanted to try it I was kinda woundering if anyone has tryed it ...

EmmerLooeez
09-01-12, 22:25
It can actually work quite well with anxiety :) There's a girl on here (I can't remember her name, sorry), a regular who has used hypnotherapy to help her get better.

There are also lots of videos on YouTube for anxiety and panic hypnosis :) It might be worth looking into if you can afford it, worth a try hey?Xx

Em.ma
10-01-12, 08:29
My brohter is suffering from phychosis and they actually suggested it for him (his been in hopsital since april now) and even they are baffled as to why even on one of the strongest meds his making no improvement what so ever. they've said they havn't seen a case like him before.

theharvestmouse
10-01-12, 08:47
Hypnosis did not work for me at all.

mikewales
10-01-12, 09:17
Nearly all the people I have heard of who have tried it said it either didnt work at all, or worked for a few days, then they were back to normal.

No harm in trying it though