PDA

View Full Version : Eczema or skin cancer?

Lottie19
09-01-12, 20:39
Hi

Have had a red itchy rash on my lower leg for about 2 months. Have been trying to treat myself with sudocrem which seemed to improve it slightly but not clear it up completely. Although I have other itchy places, like back of my knees, where I have eczema, this seems to be worse and I am now convinced it is skin cancer. Although haven't had a full-blown panic attack for many years, feeling close to one. Have made an appointment with the doctor but can't get one for a week. How do I cope until then?

Help!

Lottie

Jo1981
09-01-12, 22:22
Hey im also always panicking about my skin as i have one ankle that seems to flare up all itchy and the other one is fine..i got some cream from the docs and it cleared it up but sometimes comes back mostly when im stressing!but my skin is marked from where the rash was..im sure yours is just a rash especially if it hasnt got any worse..xx

Lottie19
09-01-12, 22:27
Thank you Jo. It really helps to know other people are going through the same thing. I'm sure it is just eczema but you know what it's like, sometimes it seems like it's getting better and sometimes worse. I am trying to force myself not to look at it every 2 minutes!! Thanks again,

Lottie

Jo1981
09-01-12, 22:30
no problem im exactly the same i look at it constantly whenever i can in hope it has got better but i just make it worse by touching it all the time lol and when i used to google i used to scare myself with what would come up..really hate feeling like this and worrying about every symptom i have when most of the time its somehing perfectly inocent :( wish the feelings would go away for all of us its not nice have HA x