PDA

View Full Version : fear of coronary artery spasm

sidsuae
10-01-12, 07:51
I had anxiety & panic attack since my childhood but started to suffered severely since last 10 years, it started someone told me one person died of chest pain due to heart attack & one day due to acidity i was feeling chest pain & the fear developed that i will be getting heart attack and i started fearing going to dr. for checkup and one year i was struglling with panic & anxiety with tachycardia without sleep. Then finally I went to physician for checking whether I have something wrong with my heart. They took ecg & told me nothing to worry. I felt good for few hours than I started fearing again. Everytime I used to go to dr. for reassurance and felt good for few hours and fear did not subside.Finally I went to the cardiologist she took the lipid profile test and told me not to afraid this is all anxiety and referred me to psychiatrist. My fear subside but I was not calm and heart beat was always on higher side & I was never relaxed. The pshychiatrist was also not experience and did not able to help me. I discountinued him after six months. I was living with anxiety disorder & tachycardia all the time and unable to relax. Then I got the habit of reading internet and came to know about panic & anxiety and was able to convince that it is anxiety, but alwyas i used to fear have heart flutters, ches pains pvcs & pacs. one day I went to the clinic and took ecg and lipid profile to feel everything was ok, the stupid cardiologist write in the ecg something CAD and I consulted him, he told me it was mistake and I was not knowing you were suffering from anxiety disorder and try to convivince me every thing is ok. But i was in doubt one year I lived with constant fear that I have heart disease then finally I went to another cardiologist she took treadmill test & told me nothing to fear you don’t have heart disease & it is just atypical chest pain, then again she referred me back to psychiatrist. The pysicatrist started with seroxat and I started to feel better and sudeenly I stopped taking medicine after one month. I was telling this is anxiety and I don’t need any medicine. But I was always short of breath and unable to take breath deeply. I started to fear again and went to different doctors, why always I am unable to talk and short of breath. But I continued with this for 2 – years. Then finally went to the cardiologist again and she took Echocardiogram and was diagnosed me with mitral valve prolapse and was given beta blockers and told to take cipralex. But my symptoms never subside, as I am always feeling chest pain, palpitations, short of breath. Then I started again reading internet, and started fearing about sudden death & stroke, arrhythmia, ventricular tachycardia . Then I research and convince my mind erasing my fear. Now somewhere I read about coronary artery spasm and started to fear about this & nothing is convincing my mind and leaving with constant fear. I am now on cipralex 10 mg since 15 days and sometimes I take rivotril .25mg in the morning. Last 10 years I was not afraid of the anxiety symptoms but now I started to fear about anxiety symptoms and think that It will lead to coronary artery spasm and I will die. I am hypochondriac and very hypersensitive, hyper vigilant, dealing with stress since last 10 years. Always un secure, disease phobia, unable to relax, concentrate on anything. Unable to talk as I am unable to take take breath. I am walking daily for 45 minutes and eating healthy food. My lipid profile is HDL 42, LDL 115, cholesterol is 170, my Bp is between 140/90. Dr. why my nervous system is so active. People are leaving with heart disease, surviving after heart attack, leaving with valve dieasese but they are not fearing what should I do. CAN SOMEONE Please help me WITH CORONARY ARTERY SPASM, .