PDA

View Full Version : anxiety situation, eeek!

Lilyblue
10-01-12, 08:36
I have to go with my mum to hospital, over 10 miles away, it's only fair i go as she goes all my appointments, and even takes time off work. And if dont go she wont go my appointments. Plus dont want her going on own as she scared too.
I feel sick about the thought of going, the only thing i worrying about is the waiting around. My mum likes to gets there very early, plus while she have scan, im gonna be sitting on my own,and dont know how long an internal takes, what if i panic!, when i say panic i dont mean panic attack, it's the anxiety symptoms that flair up, my bowels start to go,, i feel on edge and if cant control bowels then i breakdown crying. It's only happend once as ive managed to avoid that happening by using avoidence.

I dont wanna take diazepam, but will take tabs with me incase need um, one other thing is that ive never taken these tabs before, will they be same as liquid that im used to having? Dont wanna feel sick with them.

I know its my mum that should be worrying and not me, hope it's note serious they find.
Be glad when afternoon comes and can be home again.
Can't believe i have to do this. Why does my anxiety have to be sky high.
We getting a lift so dont need to use public transport which is a relief, but lift is expensive though

theharvestmouse
10-01-12, 08:44
Not sure what you can take to calm yourself, maybe someone else can advise. But maybe you could try relaxation breathing before you go. Take something to read to the hospital, or some distraction. Good luck.:)

Lilyblue
10-01-12, 13:05
I ended up on loo just as lift turned up, had a feeling my bowels would go.

But anyway, I DID IT!. No diazepam, my tummy did feel crampy but i was ok, then it went. So happy i did it.

Just hope i can go again without meds even when it's for me, on the lift home i felt travel sick just as i sat in car.
I've noticed traveling makes me travel sick when i have anxiety.

Thats 1 thing ticked off my to do list :-D

theharvestmouse
10-01-12, 17:01
well done Lilyblue:)