PDA

View Full Version : Tim’s Worry Journal 10/1/2012

Tim Skyrme
10-01-12, 08:41
Tim’s Worry Journal
10/1/2012
Ok here goes, these are the things that I am obsessively worrying about today.
I am an alcoholic, this is going to cause me to lose everything and probably kill myself!!
I am going mad and will be committed to a mental asylum where I will be permanently sedated, end up losing everything and never seeing Jenn or the kids again!
I cannot work; therefore I cannot earn money and will end up losing everything, the house the kids and Jenn!
The medication is not going to work and I will suffer from crippling anxiety for the rest of my life, lose everything, never see the kids and Jenn again
I am a bad father and husband!
There is no need for me to feel like this I have so very much and others have a much worse time than me.
I am a failure

Lizziesaurus
10-01-12, 09:08
Wow, thought I worried alot!

mallan82450
10-01-12, 14:12
Your poor mind :weep:

Medication of some sort, will work.

Have you got a therapist? Might be worth asking your Dr. for some info.

Take care.

clc
10-01-12, 18:46
Tim! I also wrote down all my worries today in the general anxiety section! I have the going mad one, losing my job therefore losing everything, the meds not working and the no need to feel like this one!

I'm finding many people with these issue! What meds are you taking and for how long?

You're not on your own!

potato11
10-01-12, 19:50
Hello Tim :)

may I suggest two things

1) visiting this thread if you haven't already - http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91696

it is a discussion and link to an online CBT programme called CBT4panic - I have used it to turn my own anxiety disorder around and I am so happy I found it, it really has worked wonders for me.

2) Have a read of this book - Byron Katie: 'I need your love - is that true?" you can get it very cheaply on Amazon. Also, here is a link to some excerpts: http://www.peace.ca/isthattrue.htm

Basically, the author teaches a technique to you that will enable you to become less at the mercy of your thoughts, instead becoming more able to control the direction of them.

All the things you have listed on your post there..

"I am a failure" "I am a bad father and husband"

they are simply thoughts. They may feel real to you - but to have any power, they must have your BELIEF... the only absolutes in life are the things you are taking in via your senses - the wind on your skin, the sound of the birds - they are real and concrete. Everything else is just based on interpretation... which you have the power to control.

Both the CBT4PANIC and the book are well worth your time :)

Lynnann
10-01-12, 20:17
Hi Tim,

I would really recommend CBT worked wonders for me anyhow

I am an alcoholic, this is going to cause me to lose everything and probably kill myself!!
So how are you going to change that? First step do something about your alcoholism?
I am going mad and will be committed to a mental asylum where I will be permanently sedated, end up losing everything and never seeing Jenn or the kids again
What makes you think that? to question it means you are sane, if you were mad you wouldn't worry about it?
I cannot work; therefore I cannot earn money and will end up losing everything, the house the kids and Jenn!
Jenn has stuck with you this long, you can be rehomed if it comes to it, do something about your alcoholism? she will be able to see a future for both of you?
The medication is not going to work and I will suffer from crippling anxiety for the rest of my life, lose everything, never see the kids and Jenn again.
You need to give things a chance to work, starting with a positive attitude helps the chances
I am a bad father and husband!
No you are just a human being, full of frailties and failings and they love you anyway and always will
There is no need for me to feel like this I have so very much and others have a much worse time than me.
Yes you do and there must be something good about you to have inspired such love in the first place
I am a failure. No you are human, just like the rest of us, now is the time to accept this and start to change your life?

Hope this is helpful for you

Lynnann