PDA

View Full Version : Hey :) new to all this...

Falling_Slowly
10-01-12, 08:53
Hiya, my name is Sophie.

I think I have had serious anxiety problems for quite a while now.
Always feel so alone because I don't want to talk to anyone I know and I'm too embarrassed to tell my doctor.
I don't know anyone else like me.
I'm 22 years old and left school at 14 as I couldn't bare the anxiety it always caused me going in and being around everyone.
Recently dawned on me that I am ruining my 2 year relationship with my constant worrying. I hate everything about myself and am stuck in a rut...

Really needed to get all that out x

nomorepanic
10-01-12, 08:54
Hi Falling_Slowly

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Tim Skyrme
10-01-12, 08:59
Hello Sophie

I am new too, its a scary thing isn't it to type out how your feeling.

keep your chin up

t

Falling_Slowly
10-01-12, 09:02
Hello Sophie

I am new too, its a scary thing isn't it to type out how your feeling.

keep your chin up

t

Yeah it's really scary....especially when you want to just stop thinking but you can't! wish I could just wash my brain under a tap.

I read your other post, sorry you feel this way, atleast we aren't alone :)

Tim Skyrme
10-01-12, 09:07
This is more common than you think, many people just go through episodes of crippling panic without admitting it. One of the things that really sticksin my craw about this current breakdown is that I recognised the signs around six months ago, I knew what needed to be done to stop it from happening and I was too stupid to just carry on regardless, to 'toughen up'.......I am angry with myself today, as I said I went back to work yesterday and just couldn't face it today and now I am mad with myself.......

grrrrrrrr lol, you have got to keep smiling!!

kate89
10-01-12, 09:20
hiya sophie and :welcome: to nmp . you will recieve alot of help and support here x

Falling_Slowly
10-01-12, 09:28
Thanks Kate :) feels nice having people to talk to.

---------- Post added at 09:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 ----------

I imagine ignoring it can only make it worse so it's good your trying to face it now.
Should really listen to my own advice but I don't like the idea of talking to my partner because I don't want to stress him out!
I hate it because I feel like he would be better off without me, I can't ever see myself being 'normal' and he don't deserve it.

I think you done really well finishing uni, I wish I had your motivation! I was doing really well in school but felt uneasy around so many people so ended up leaving before I got any qualifications. My teachers and family thought I was just being awkward so tried to force me to go in! Which naturally made it 100x worse! Caused me to panic a and all stemmed from there. Years later I find it so hard to trust people, I feel faint and throw up when I feel pressured and have no idea whats wrong with me.
I just found out my fella is planning a weekend away with friends which made me feel so worried and sick. Don't know how people deal with these feelings? (Soz for the essay)

Tim Skyrme
10-01-12, 17:57
Well just laid it all on my partner, Jenn. Went back to the drs and had my medication upped and was told that although I am not an alcoholic I am drinking to deal with the anxiety and I need to stop. He prescribed me some s;eeping pills which I am not ready to take so had a couple of glasses of wine instead. But on the positive side I have just told my wife everything, and we are going to plan my quitting drinking together.

Talk to your partner, either he will support you in which case you will get better faster or he won't in which case he is not right for you. Also talk to your dr sooner rather than later.