PDA

View Full Version : New to this. Old to Anxiety

lustyglaze
10-01-12, 10:23
Quick summary:
I was always a little bit anxious as a kid, fear of fainting shy & quite a loner.. Managed to get through school & ended up at Uni, with a degree in Biochemisry ( at least I know what is happening to my body at the moleclar level!!...not much use). At Uni my whole world opened up...booze drugs girls it was awesome. Had a couple of panic attacks after smoking grass but managed to forget them within a few days. Post uni got a job within the Pharamaceutical industry. Then in my early twenties had a full blown panic attack that apppeared to go on & on. The fear of fear genie was out of the bottle & been having an on /off battle with it for the last 25 years. Just before xmas had a blow out at a company conference & fell into a dark anxious pit, & have been struggling to get back on track since. In the last 4 weeks I have now read 3 self help books, about 20 web sites & joined two forums (of which this one is the best). Tomorrow I have a long car journey followed by a long train journey, overnight stay & business meetings all day........FUN FUN FUN. Looking forward to pushing through the fear to that peaceful warm sunny place we would all like to be.
Cheers

JD

nomorepanic
10-01-12, 10:25
Hi lustyglaze

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

william wallace
11-01-12, 09:44
Hi JD and :welcome:Lots of folks here to chuck you a rope and pull you out of that pit:)

venusbluejeans
11-01-12, 12:03
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: