PDA

View Full Version : Breast clinic appointment in a couple hours.

xfilme
10-01-12, 12:03
Hi, Im a little bit apprehensive so I was looking for any words of encouragement.

I am 34 years old and have bad health anxiety and have constantly been freaking out about my left breast for the past year. My mum passed from breast cancer, which was my initial HA trigger.

Ive had three breast exams from my GP's in the last 6 months. None have found anything... no lumps or bumps and nothing that looks unusual.

The last time I went, she said she would refer me to the breast clinic even though she found nothing. She said she would get me a two week referral because of my anxiety.

Im scared because I have memories of going with my mum.

Can anyone offer words of wisdom that might help keep my imagination under wraps until Ive seen the doctors at the hospital?

snowgoose
10-01-12, 12:16
HI :)
empathise so much with you ........totally natural to be scared after the loss of your mum.

But it is time to put your rational hat on .......no doctor has found anything to be concerned about ........your Gp has referred you purely to allay your health anxiety . Write this down on bit of paper and carry it with you to read .xx

The staff will be lovely and understanding of your fear .........so will reassure you I am sure . Take bottle of water and mints and magazine to distract .........and there are always loos nearby in hospitals if you need to go and splash your face with cold water etc

By this evening my love you will have conquered a huge fear ............and got some reassurance from the experts ........I have no doubt .
Just do your breathing gently and let your self go floppy if panic rising .
let us know how it went
sending lots of support through the internet
snow :hugs:

lelespears
10-01-12, 12:18
Hi

Please don't be scared. You do not have breast cancer I'm sure. Of course it will bring back terrible memories but you will be fine. What's the issue with your left breast?

Lele x

xfilme
10-01-12, 12:19
thank you snowgoose... thats exactly the kind of reassurance im looking for. if all goes well, i might reach the end of the chapter regarding my health anxiety.. its been over three long a stressful years no. I really need closure.

Betsyboo9034
10-01-12, 12:20
I am sending you good vibes! I know it will be fine! Let us know how it goes! :)

xfilme
10-01-12, 12:21
no real issue with my left breast other than the fact awhile back i had weird sensations in it and for the last week ive convinced myself the nipple looks weird when its not hard. Kinda lumpy and uneven looking, and my brain keeps telling me its inverted. Im trying to keep my head screwed on. Its just hard.

LizeeeH
10-01-12, 15:49
Im sure all will be ok<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>

beth0277
10-01-12, 17:26
I lost my dad to colon cancer, and I had a polyp (at 27) so I certainly understand your fears! Just this morning I was making myself sick over the fact that even though my polyp was benign, it was the type that can turn to cancer, and I have to be rechecked in 3 years. Death is such a scary thing that most people don't understand until they are faced with it, either because of a loved ones illness, or an accident, etc. I can totally understand your fears, but I feel pretty confident saying that you have nothing to worry about. The doctors would have picked up on something if you had anything to be concerned about. Try to take some deep breathes...I know what you are going through, but I feel confident that you will be back updating that everything was all clear!

jessicalittler79
10-01-12, 17:27
I wish u luck , u are a strong person and will get threw this take care hun ttyl

xfilme
10-01-12, 21:58
WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! I'm clear! It scared the living daylights out of me, but I just have two tiny cysts which will go by themselves. Health Anxiety, you can go to hell! You're not having any more of my life, you've had enough already. Here's to new chapters!

jessicalittler79
10-01-12, 21:59
GREAT!!!!! I
Am so happy for u :)

snowgoose
10-01-12, 22:03
oh sweetheart I am so delighted !!!!!!!

now then lovely lady ................a new life free from this cloud awaits you .
No more examining and fretting ok ?? :hugs:
I think you need to get on shopping channel tonight for nice treat .
You deserve it . :hugs:

Aillie
10-01-12, 22:09
Great news. So pleased for you c

xfilme
11-01-12, 01:25
Thanks everyone for your support.you really helped me out... as always x

Keith
11-01-12, 01:39
Glad to hear the good news. :)

bronte
11-01-12, 10:39