PDA

View Full Version : 5 wks pregnant worried sick!

ktloubish
10-01-12, 16:05
Hi im katie and i just found out im 5wk pregnant im scared my doctor will take me off my meds and il not be able 2 cope! Ive been suffering from gad and panic attacks for 2year i didnt intentionally get pregnant but i want this baby! Im currently on mirtazapine 30mg at nite and 4 x 2mg of Diazepam ive already reduced my Diazepam to 3 x 2mg But having trouble sleeping now , to get to the point im petrified will my doctor reduce me gradually or make me go cold turkey any1 been through this? I dnt want to harm the baby but without meds i would crash and burn n prob lose the baby through stress pls any info wud b gr8
Katie x

LuSmith
11-01-12, 20:30
They may just switch you to something that would benefit the baby more and still keep you feeling okay, you'll probably have to speak to a consultant at some point who'll go through it all with you :)

When I was pregnant morning sickness meant I really couldn't take my tablets and I ended up managing without them (hormones can really change you and I actually found I was better off without whilst pregnant) but they won't make you go cold turkey if you can't cope, so don't worry.

tnt808
12-01-12, 18:08
My doctor slowly took me off of my meds. I was taking 20mgs of Paroxetine daily. It was rough no lie, but I got through it. Your doctor may say that your health benefits outweigh whatever little risks are involved.

Good luck- and congrats!

cathycrumble
12-01-12, 19:05
My 2 cousins stayed on their med while pregnant one was on citalopram 40mg and the other has just had her baby and she is on escitalopram and the babys are fab.

Cathy xx:yesyes:

ktloubish
16-01-12, 07:45
Thank u all for your replies im at doctors today so il let you know what he says x

EmmerLooeez
16-01-12, 22:37
They will definitely not just make you quit cold turkey, don't worry about that.

Unfortunately it is advised that you do not take Diazapam during pregnancy so you will likely be weaned off them. Just keep in mind that this will be better for both you and the baby, there are other more safer medications that you can take whilst pregnant.

I hope you're okay and I hope you have a very healthy and happy 35 weeks :) x

katie23
18-01-12, 02:41
Hey I'm 36 weeks pregnant now. I came off my medication when I first got pregnant as I was determined to do with out. But gradually my OCD and Anxiety came back.

I see a consultant at hospital for my MH and she said Prozac is perfectly safe to take in pregnancy I am currently on 40mg and baby is doing fine touch wood! x