PDA

View Full Version : New, so glad to have found this

Bren64
10-01-12, 16:41
Hi,
Just stumbled upon this site today, spent most of the afternoon reading the stickys, and articles.
Great site with fantastic info.

Im Bren from NE UK, Im 47 and have four children & a lovely partner. Very happy and content with life in general and not a great worrier, however I had a "panic attack" a couple of years ago that ended up wth me in A&E.

In hindsight I have had quite an unlucky family history with my parents dying young when I was 12, my brother having a heart attack at 39, and my other brother dying of gastrophagel(sp?) cancer at 55. The last was my dear brother in law died very suddenly of a heart attack aged 58, just 2yrs ago ,,,, so maybe the culmination of all that stuff plus the fact that I found myself with a very debilitating and rare spinal condition (CES) at the age of 43 with a 3yr old to look after, mightve laid the groundwork for what happened next.

I cant remember much about my first panic attack except the hospital stay and being treat as though I HAD indeed had a heart attack. When the bloods came back I hadnt had a heart attack , just had an ECG that looked like I did have one. I was very anxious and symptomatic in the next too months, but eventually got through it with a combination of medicine ( beta blockers) and diet and excercise.
Fast forward two or so years to last sunday when BANG outve the clear blue sky,,, welcome back to the Dread zone.
Now back almost paralysed with fear. I can undertand the phisiology of the adrenalin, dread, fast heartbeat ect, but now Im into day three and have the "fizzy" feeling all over and what I used to describe as "pokey pains" in my chest, I guess Im back into my crazy place.

Finding it impossible to concentrate on anything and alienating everyone, I was just so releived to find this forum.
Will go now and read some of the posts and see how all of you survivors are coping, I hate wallowing in my own fear and pity but I am stuck here for a while so hope to learn something :sad:

Bren

SOOOOOO sorry for the length of this post. Thanks for reading if anyone managed it !

diane07
10-01-12, 16:42
Hi Bren64

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

william wallace
11-01-12, 09:41
Hi Bren:welcome:

venusbluejeans
11-01-12, 12:04
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: