PDA

View Full Version : the need to eat every 2 and half hours

rachel04
10-01-12, 18:20
hi guys. so i need to eat every 2 and half hours or i get weak, faint, go white and have massive panic attack. even though sometimes im not hungrey i have to forse food down me to feel better then half hour later im fine. iv put on lots of weight because of this i try eating healthy when im like this but sometimes its sugery food i need. im not thirsty or weeing a lot so i doubt its diabetes. any one else had this ??? :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

countrygirl
10-01-12, 20:52
Are you trying to eat too heathily??? I can have your problem and its triggered by not eating filling foods with me so if I try and eal alot of salad and veggies and crispbreads and chicken but nothing substantial then 2 hrs later I get low blood sugar. I like you then put on weight as I have to keep eating but if I just eat what I want of the more filling food and not fat free and have some sugar like dark chocolate or fruit cake then I am find and will actually lose weight even though my diet is not "super healthy".

chl_hobbs
10-01-12, 21:12
This happens to me a lot too. I feel weak and dizzy and feel the need to eat and drink loads of water, I do have lowish blood pressure so often wondered if it was that, but my GP doesnt think so. Ive put on loads of weight also due to it. I think its the anxiety making me feel dizzy, then weak and then the only way i THINK i can help it is to eat!!x

haz
10-01-12, 23:19
This happens to me too. If I don't eat reguarly I feel faint, weak and shaky and this makes me feel panicky. x

happycarrot
10-01-12, 23:41
I get really irritable if I don't eat on a regular schedule. Weakness and feeling faint are also signs of low blood sugar. Diabetes runs in both sides of my family, but I don't have it (I know because my doctor checks my blood sugar 1-2 times a year just to be sure!). What you're describing doesn't necessarily mean you have diabetes. Try eating more healthy protein and less carbs and sugars, especially processed white carbs and sugar--hopefully that will help keep your blood sugar more stable. Protein and some fat should also help you feel full longer. I think nuts are a great suggestion and I also like the small, individually packaged cheeses.

haz
10-01-12, 23:53
Yep, I've had my glucose levels checked and they're fine. Everyone gets low blood sugar if they don't eat regularly. I get really irritable too!! Gonna start eating more nuts for the magnesium as well.

hungrycaterpillar
11-01-12, 08:18
Are you trying to eat too heathily??? I can have your problem and its triggered by not eating filling foods with me so if I try and eal alot of salad and veggies and crispbreads and chicken but nothing substantial then 2 hrs later I get low blood sugar. I like you then put on weight as I have to keep eating but if I just eat what I want of the more filling food and not fat free and have some sugar like dark chocolate or fruit cake then I am find and will actually lose weight even though my diet is not "super healthy".

Gosh this makes an awful lot of sense to me!!! I get really low blood sugar throughout the day etc etc... But since I've been continually anxious I have found I can't eat properly. I have a lot of heartburn and indigestion and that horrors churny tummy so I've just been eating what I want when I want, and I too have lost a bit of weight. I don't fancy a lot of foods any more do am finding myself living off jacket potatoes with cheese, and takeaways, and chocolate!!! Obviously I do not recommend this to anyone but perhaps it's what my body needs right now?

rachel04
11-01-12, 17:49
aww thanks guys nataliebee and countrygirl summed it up for me, must eat more nuts and protien and the way i think "i feel faint what if i faint i need to eat" need to get that out of my head too. thanks tho glad someone knows what im going through xx:D

AnxiousHarry
13-01-12, 02:19
i have been diagnosed as being reactive hypoglycemic and used too suffer lots of hypo's, now they have me on a med called Acarbose, or Glucobay both the same, i need to eat 6 smallish meals a day to stop the hypo's and also the meds are supposed to help me from having a spike in bs and and slower fall in sugar, they have helped alot and dont get as many hypo's but they are very scarey wen i have them, and i tend to have them if i approach 4, and if i have overloaded with sweet things, that very rare nowadays, i cut all sweets stuff out my diet for a long time, and have just started adding sweet stuff bk in my diet and hypo's are coming back, so i suggest cutting out the sweet stuff and go for more protien, and more complex carbs ie brown bread, rice, pasta brown is more complex and hard for the body to break down and lastsyou longer, nuts and cheese will help aswell. :shrug: