PDA

View Full Version : Need help and fast

james4777
10-01-12, 20:01
Ok I am a 24 year old usually fit bloke. About 8 months back I started having breathing problems and the doctors have said its panic attacks. They have now given me 10mg diazepan and 20mg tamazepan to help the sleep as along with breathing problems I dont sleep well.....I drink quite alot (which im trying to give up tomorrow along with smoking).....I feel so alone and suicidal when it feels like I cant breathe....My hands go numb and tingly and its a fate worse than death in my opinion......anyway I just took 10mg diazepan so thats not gunna harm me coz ive drunk abit today is it? Im leaving the tamazepan until the alcohol is out my system tomorrow.....I dont know what to do as having these breathing problems/panic attacks on a daily basis is draining every inch of my soul....Thanks for any replies

diane07
10-01-12, 20:02
Hi james4777

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

eeyorelover
10-01-12, 20:35
Hi James and welcome to the site.

It is scary when you have these physical symptoms and I know how draining it is!
Self medicating is something lots of people do to try to cut down the symptoms but it really doesn't help hun and you really shouldn't drink while you are on meds.
That's not me slapping your hand or anything because I have to admit I've done it a time or two myself (years and years ago). It's only me saying that out of concern for you.

There are loads here who have the breathing issue so please know you are not alone!!
You can do a search of the forum and you will find tons of them you can relate to.
People here give great advice so keep reading and posting.
(((HUGS)))
xxx
Sandy

sam66
10-01-12, 20:45
Hi James, I to suffer with panic attacks where your heart feels like its jumping out of your chest, you are not alone. I have no meds for my condition and no help, but you do, so stick with it and the very best of luck to you :)

cathycrumble
10-01-12, 23:10
If you are suffering with the panic and you have no phobia just the feelings you get with panic, I would suggest Claire weeks book self help for your nerves she is amazing also check this out

http://www.junior-anxiety-depression-exchange.org.uk/relax.html#HowToRecover

I find listening to her helps. good luck

Cathy xx

venusbluejeans
11-01-12, 12:08
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: