PDA

View Full Version : frightened by migraines

maz55
10-01-12, 21:30
Firstly i am under a lot of stress at the mo. last year i kept getting lots of visual migraines sometimes 1 a day for about two weeks then a break then back again but no regular pattern or cause the doc put me on twenty mg proqranolol twice a day and ten mg Amytrip at night, this helped and only got the odd one i hardly ever used to get a headache. Yesterday and today they came back with a bang and though i know what they are i keep worrying that it will lead to a stroke it must be something cos the tablets are not working properly it sounds silly now i an writing it down but cant seen to stop the thoughts, dont really know what i am hoping for but maybe just getting it down may help thanks for listening

Mindful
10-01-12, 21:50
http://www.knownjohnson.com/?p=73

This link might help you, lots and lots of people get migraine with aura, they are not related to strokes!

Ive had migraine with and without aura for years, recently i went through a period of time when i have about 7 in 6 weeks, stress is a massive trigger but so are hormones, lack of sleep, lots of foods trigger them, too much caffeine.

Try writing out a food diary, see if anything you have eat in the previous 24 hours could be the culprit.

Try not to worry, i know they are scary and we instantly think the worse but they arent in any way shape or form harmful x

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

Also hun it isnt that unusual for them to come in clusters, lots in a small space of time and then hardly any at all. x

maz55
11-01-12, 13:07
Thanks sweetie, that makes me feel better, think I understand a lot better now.Onwards & upwards