PDA

View Full Version : Paroxetine increased but...

AlisonMJS
10-01-12, 21:46
Hi all, I'm hoping you guys can give me some advice. In July 2010 I was diagnosed with bipolar and have been on Paroxetine 10mg and then 20mg. The 20 made me hyper and so my psychiatrist put me on 10 again but with a mood stabiliser called lamictal (gradually increasing to 150mg). I felt ok for several months. One month ago, started getting tearful anxious and feeling low so spoke to psychiatrist gave me diazapan for immediate relief from anxiety and upped the Paroxetine to 20 again.
After two weeks there was some improvement however, This week I have felt very low very anxious and tearful and I feel worse than before. I am worried that the meds are not working. Seeing doc tomorrow.
Has anyone else had experience of shortly after an increase in meds, they seem to have no effect? Is this just a blip or normal?
Advice welcome and gratefully received.
Alison

lauz_lea
14-01-12, 16:50
Hi Alison, I'm on Seroxat for the third time, and like you, after increasing my dose from 15mg to 20mg I started to lose it a bit (quite a lot actually).

I was so desperate, I've never felt so low in my life. I rang the GP who prescribed another AD and a reduction in the paroxetine back down to 15mg. I felt better the following day.

I'm relieved to read your post because I thought it may have all been in my head.

AlisonMJS
22-01-12, 10:33
Hey, sorry for taking so long to reply....seems it's more common than we think with seroxat. My hubby wrote my first post for me as I was feeling so bad:weep:
Like you, doc gave me another ad but told me to stop seroxat. Add in to the mix the fact that I am bipolar.....so he has put me on lithium as well. A week after starting the new meds and I am feeling so much better but now have insomnia :lac:
Thanks for listening, hope you are stable on the seroxat now

haz
22-01-12, 13:04
So are you now on two mood stabilisers and an antidepressant?