PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys

sam_83
11-01-12, 00:02
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to check in as I'm new to the forum.

My name is Sam and I am 28 years old from London, UK.

I have suffered from Depression/Anxiety for the past 15 years and have been on Citalopram intermittently for 11 years.

Things have come to a head for me the last year due to family illness and redundancy and its only after hitting rock bottom last year that I've found the courage to face my depression/condition and as a result have been diagnosed with OCD.

For the past 6 months I've had daily battles with very violent Intrusive thoughts. Thoughts of harming myself and the people in my life that I love. This has bought on panic attacks and feelings of anxiety since these thought are the last thing I want to happen/act on.

I've developed several coping strategies by myself over the past 6 months while I wait to start CBT and things have generally been better for me. I'm slowly building myself back up and learning to deal with this condition the best way I can.

I look forward to getting to know you guys and hopefully continue to share positive ways to deal with our condition.

Thanks

Sam

diane07
11-01-12, 00:03
Hi sam_83

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

william wallace
11-01-12, 09:38
Hi Sam and:welcome:There's a page for Citalopram users and another for folks like yourself with OCD. You may find that you dont get a huge response to start with because Newbies often post once and dont come back, but persevere and you'll find lots of support here.
WW:)

venusbluejeans
11-01-12, 12:04
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: