PDA

View Full Version : I'm so paranoid of dying :(

Worriedgirl87
11-01-12, 07:05
Why do I have to constantly live my life in panic ?

I ALWAYS feel scared!!!!!

It's either, I'm going to get a heart attack,
A stroke , or Die!!!!!* Wth!!!!!

I'm worried about my blood pressure.

I always hear my head pulsating. I am so worried!!

Why can't I just be a normal girl!!!!????

I am so tired but I can't sleep at night because I am
SCARED!!!! (

Ughh I hate being scared so much.

I hate this feeling. I hate not having anyone to talk to about it :(I hate experiencing anxiety alone.

I feel like runnin away and going to a doctor.

I feel safe there lol.

Ugh life sucks

Jamesk
11-01-12, 08:58
Rubbish isn't it :weep:

Youa re not alone though.

radoel
11-01-12, 09:22
many of us suffer like you but there is help out there - please see your doc as they will be able to help

Sophie123
11-01-12, 09:39
Why do I have to constantly live my life in panic ?

I ALWAYS feel scared!!!!!

It's either, I'm going to get a heart attack,
A stroke , or Die!!!!!* Wth!!!!!

I'm worried about my blood pressure.

I always hear my head pulsating. I am so worried!!

Why can't I just be a normal girl!!!!????

I am so tired but I can't sleep at night because I am
SCARED!!!! (

Ughh I hate being scared so much.

I hate this feeling. I hate not having anyone to talk to about it :(I hate experiencing anxiety alone.

I feel like runnin away and going to a doctor.

I feel safe there lol.

Ugh life sucks

It is horrible I know. I have suffered with panic on and off for years but it does get better. I only get mine now in times of great stress. Go and see the doctor. They are so helpful :winks:

Littlehelper123
11-01-12, 15:47
Hun i know how you feel - i used to live in fear of EVERYTHING , from an itchy arm to a spot to a noise outside. Do you know how I overcame it ?

DISTRACTION

It sounds annoying because when you feel down, the last thing you want to do is do something .... But it works.

Go for a jog , go for a walk, tidy your room, Just keep your mind active - most people get signed off of work or college or school when they are down and its wrong - In my opinion you should go part time , or do gradual work/school/college.

Just stay active because it has helped me LOADS

xxx

br19893
11-01-12, 16:20
Im exactly the same as you I fully freak myself out sometimes! It's ironic we're so scared of dying that we actually waste our lives worrying about it :/ I'm going to see my gp tomorrow because its got so bad.
Have you talked to your doctor or anyone about how your feeling? Sometimes just talking to someone helps!
Good luck :)

stamags
11-01-12, 16:38
please go and see your doc. I had a really bad day and night sunday , went to docs again on monday, had all the usual checks again, was told again all was as it should be except heightened anxiety which is a powerfull thing.

Haybee
11-01-12, 17:55
gosh i know exactly how you feel. im reasonably new to this whole full-blown anxiety thing (although i think i've always been a worrier), and im going through exactly the same thing. think i might start going out with a doctor, then i'll have one with me all the time to ease my worries :D

seriously though, i've had enough of it and have just made an appointment for the docs, hopefully to get a diagnosis and some help. i hate talking about myself/worries (worry people will think im attention seeking/over exaggerating) and i dislike leaving the house, and i dislike going to the docs, but i'm doing it :P i hope if you havent yet, you will too? and keep us updated? this site has been a godsend for me, people are here to support you, and know what you're going through. so i hope you keep using it!

---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

also, is there anything in particular worrying about right now we can reassure you on..? the chatroom is also really good if you want to talk to someone asap <3

tnt808
11-01-12, 18:10
I understand this fear- and honestly wish I didn't. It's a huge fear of mine right now. So much so that I've pretty much been resigned to the fact that I have 9wks left to live. I'm due to give birth then.

It's irrational, and scary, but most of all it's painful- isn't it? I want to be normal as well...

Lots of luck to you on feeling better and regaining your life x

thebe
12-01-12, 14:25
@worriedgirl

these are all symptons of anxiety, the normal bodily stress responce, by not faceing it (yes, FACE the fear when it comes,) you are feeding the fear, if you think about your last panics you had, did anything bad happen?...you didnt die did you?....they fizzle out after they have peaked,
monitor it next time you have a panic, from a scale of 0-10 naught being feeling fine to 10 been awful, you will notice it goes up and down
the constant anxiety you are having in the background is pre cursing the panics because your feeding your fear in general then your mind races and your thinking scarey things and then you body has a panic

its like twisting a rubber band till it snaps

your just scareing yourself,the adrenalin is rushing round your body because you are fueling it, the head pulsating, heart banging=adrenalin
some people like this fear feeling by bungee jumping and riding rollercoasters, its what your thinking and how you interpret these feelings, ppl wouldnt bungee jump and do extreme sports if these feelings were harmful, and as above poster said-distraction is a good help
i know how you feel, i have panics still, im not really good at taking my own advisesometimes, but the points ive mentiond help me when 'im going ON one'
take care
T x

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

I understand this fear- and honestly wish I didn't. It's a huge fear of mine right now. So much so that I've pretty much been resigned to the fact that I have 9wks left to live. I'm due to give birth then.

It's irrational, and scary, but most of all it's painful- isn't it? I want to be normal as well...

Lots of luck to you on feeling better and regaining your life x

dont worry about your day to give birth, you will be fine, i used to work at a maternity hossy and maternal death is near enough nil, it happens in unfortunatly third world countries, your not in a third world country are you?
the things medics know nowadays are remarkable if and i say IF and when a medicall problem arises, in your case , if you have had anything turn up in tests during your ante-natal care you would have known about it by now wouldnt you?
discuss this fear with your midwife, tell them how you are really feeling, it will be duely noted to to take EXTRA care of you during your labour, beleive me, they take everything into consideration, even us anxiety sufferers
they want the best and the best welfare not just for you,but YOUR BABY, please speak to your mid-wife
i had these fears, and i went on to have FIVE healthy kids
take care
T X

tnt808
12-01-12, 18:28
Thanks Thebe- unfortunately I am convinced this will happen. It's all I think about :weep:

eva82
12-01-12, 22:55
Add me to the list of being paranoid of dying! I think it just an absolute fear of having no control over this aspect of our lives...and we get so obsessed with the possibility we might be dying that we stop living out lives to the fullest. Wish I had some good advice on how to overcome this but I'm in the thick of it right now. Sending hugs to all who also suffer from this! :hugs:

sleepless
13-01-12, 03:20
I understand what you are saying the most horrible feeling,
I've become so paranoid that if any of my kids they just say one thing is hurting them ,that's it my life is ruinedc and I start to have thoughts in my mind and become anxious. My daughter now (she is 10 yrs old) told me her eye is itchy , and now I have the anxiety symptoms again :weep:.....oh god I don't know what to do now I'm so fed up I feel paralysed even from a cold .......I keep staring at them and checking them up ,,,,, and what kills me is that they are young I can't keep doing this ....:weep:

Worriedgirl87
14-01-12, 14:07
It's terrible to go through this, but at least we arnt alone.
I don't know how to get over this.
Every physic symptom I have in my body m, I worry it's something serious. Like a heart attack.
I don't want to die! I am scared to die. I don't even want to believe that I will die. I enjoy living too much!!!! I just feel like life is moving way too fast, and it's giving me anxiety . I'm goin to be 25 years old this year. And I feel like I don't have time to accomplish all the things I want to do . It's just terrible. I feel like life Is a race.

I'm so worried! I also worry about my family . I can't imagine them dying.
This is terrible. :((
I don't like feeling this way. My mind is thinking about very scary things.
I can't sleep , eat. All I do is worry and think about what could happen, and how scary it is.
Also, it's weird to think how our bodies work.
Like our body parts, organs, blood , ect.
And thinking about our insides makes me sick.

crystal17
14-01-12, 22:45
I understand how you feel hun, its not nice is it.
I think littlehelper is right when she says distraction is the best way to deal with this, and probably just trying to understand your feelings better - like where might they have come from, when did you start feeling like this, what makes it go away a little bit?

Life is like a race, we dont know that when we are kids but when we get older it hits us and can be overwhelming. We just have to accept it and make the best of it.