PDA

View Full Version : Tramadol HELP! Driving myself mad

chl_hobbs
11-01-12, 09:15
Hi, me again...Ive been so so worried this morning Ive got myself into a state (pacing, cant keep still, being sick etc)

Ive been on Tramadol and Escitalopram (tramadol on and off) since my surgery in August 2011.

The pain is still here so yesterday my GP prescribed me Long Lasting tramadol. Stupidly i googled it and found out that it says you SHOULD NOT take tramadol (both types)with anti depressants as it can increase risks of seizures, decreased breathing and serotonin syndrome (which can make you hallucinate, shake, fall into a coma and even death :weep: )

Why then have i been prescribed tramadol since August when im taking escitalopram?! Ive been given both in hospital, by consultants and my GP and no one has warned me! Im so tempted to stop the tramadol but i know that then the pain will return even worse and I'll fall back into my old habits of getting so anxious i think I'll faint and then going to a+e etc...

Does anyone else take anti depressants and tramadol or has anyone in the past? If ive been on it since August, wouldnt i have shown symptoms of those things or can it just happen?

Please please help me

Charlotte