PDA

View Full Version : What time of day do you take your meds?

avasnana
11-01-12, 09:42
Hi everyone,

I have been prescribed 10mg citalopram for anxiety and I just wondered at what time of day people take their's?

The doc said in the morning but when I took the tablets before I took them on a night?

thanks

Claire

william wallace
11-01-12, 09:52
Hi Clair.
Most people take Citalopram in the morning. I like to have an occasional wee thimblefull of alcohol of an evening and Citalopram can interact with alcohol so best to keep them as far apart as possible.:)

avasnana
11-01-12, 09:56
Thanks for replying. I have read quite a few of your posts and found your comments reassuring.

I still am struggling to decide whether to take them, Im trying to convince myself that I don;t need them but then I have more bad days then good and know that after the initial side effects they will help me feel better.

william wallace
11-01-12, 10:07
Well 10mg is a tiny wee starter dose so should'nt cause too much problems. Go make yourself a cuppy and get it down ya:D

avasnana
11-01-12, 10:10
ha ha, am at work at the moment, but think I will start in the morning :)

william wallace
11-01-12, 10:46
You'll be fine, but if you're not you can always come to Citalopram Central for some reassurance. Remember the words of Frank Spencer, " a problem shared, is a problem doubled".
Have a good day:hugs:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-jXZuyP9K49LHlEyT4JFLAVuQSzrW2-eaF0ZJ_2uYlmqxdToN

avasnana
11-01-12, 10:53
lol, thanks William:D

pinkdove
11-01-12, 11:13
Hiya, i used to take mine in the morning, but have changed to 8.30 in the evening, but i don't think it matters as lonbg as you take them at the same time every day.

As ww say's 10mg is a wee dose, so be brave and start tommorow, we have all done it and are here to tell the tale. good luck xx

avasnana
11-01-12, 11:15
Thank you pinkdove, I am going to start in the morning :) I have taken them before and it wasnt that bad so I hopefully I will be the same this time x

pinkdove
11-01-12, 12:10
Good luck ith it, i know you will be fine, and there is no shame in needing a bit of help, let us know how you get on xx

nicola1980
11-01-12, 12:30
Hi i take mine in the morning but don't think it really matters although some people find they can keep them awake if they take them at night in the beginning, its just trail and error as to what suits you, good luck and we all sometimes need a helping hand in life :hugs: xx

avasnana
11-01-12, 12:36
Thanks for the support, I feel better knowing that there are people like you guys here to reassure me and help me through this. :)

stamags
11-01-12, 12:48
hi...........I started on 10mg cit on monday after putting it off for two weeks, wish I had started when i was first prescribed them, but after reading about the terrible side effects and feeling as bad as i was I couldnt face it. Saw a different gp on monday and after a long chat and many tears I could see that I had to get started. I take mine in the morning but not on an empty stomach which is hard because of the nauseous feeling.

avasnana
11-01-12, 13:02
Hi stamags,

I know it is only a couple of days but have you been ok on them so far?

stamags
11-01-12, 13:11
hi..........not been as bad yet as i expected to be, first day felt a bit spaced out and not quite with it, slightly better yesterday and today. As my doc says we read too much into and expect to get every side effect listed.Good luck and although its hard try not to worry.

avasnana
11-01-12, 13:12
thank you :)

Keep us posted how you get on and I will do the same

Sophie123
11-01-12, 20:02
I just started mine today so know how you are feeling. I am taking mine in the morning I think it might be better

avasnana
11-01-12, 20:15
Hi Sophie,

Did u feel ok after taking ur first tablet? I was gunna start in the morning but then I am thinking what if get side effects whilst I'm at work? So don't know whether to wait til Saturday? What dose r u taking?

Xx

happycamper
11-01-12, 21:09
Hi,
I would recommend starting cit when you know you've got a couple of days off, it affects people differently, but I remember feeling a bit 'spaced out' and tired initially and was very glad to be off work.
Have always taken mine on an evening, it doesn't matter as long as it suits you and ideally when you've some food in your stomach to reduce any nausea side effects.
Good luck x

fell_on_black_days
12-01-12, 00:55
I tried mine at night, started on Sat. sometimes makes me feel a bit spacey in the day but at night it's not too bad, kinda get jumpy though and suddenly awake now and again. not sure if I'd have had that before though.

avasnana
12-01-12, 07:22
Thanks everyone, I think I should wait until Friday night or Saturday morning to start them, just in case x

william wallace
12-01-12, 09:59
Hi Claire, thats a sensible decision for someone who is working, gives you a couple of days chillin time:)

Sophie123
12-01-12, 16:02
I take mine in the morning x

pinkdove
12-01-12, 16:37
Thanks everyone, I think I should wait until Friday night or Saturday morning to start them, just in case x
Yes that sounds like a good idea , wushing you all the very best :hugs:xx