PDA

View Full Version : Headaches from over breathing ! Dangerous ?

Robbs
11-01-12, 12:56
been stupid and googling :doh:

read somethings about overbreathing causing health problems and it can make your blood too alkali and cause brain damage, strokes and seizure's:ohmy:

i've been overbreathing (no panic just breathing too deeply) a lot for the past month and getting headaches, really bad ones that feel like my brain is shrivelling up.

I've always been told that overbreathing is harmless but after reading these things Im worried now, I've never worried im gonna keel over and die at that moment when I'm overbreathing anymore but I was wondering is there anychance it could cause any effects over time like slowly damage my brain through the continuous breathing out to much carbon dioxide ? as I've had this symptom for 12 years now and instead of getting better I feel Im getting worse as I get older :weep:

Robbs
11-01-12, 20:07
anyone ?

happycamper
11-01-12, 20:42
Hi Robbs,
Over breathing can affect the carbon dioxide and result in dizziness and headaches, but to my knowledge it is something the body corrects itself very quickly as soon as the breathing steadies back to normal, I've never heard of any long term problems in a healthy person.
If you feel yourself over breathing you should try and concentrate on slowing your breath down and taking a nice deep breath, this should immediately help the feelings that occur with over breathing, but you have to work hard on keeping this up. Lots of information is available on using breathing as part of reducing stress and relaxation.