PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say Hi

Jemah85
11-01-12, 14:41
Hi all my name is Jemma I am 26 years old married mum of two who also lives with her dad

I suffer with depression mood swings paranoia low self esteem ocd's and anxiety and have type 2 diabetes high blood pressure and of course just to top it off I am over weight by about 10 stone and yes I smoke

I had my daughter when I was 16 which then kicked off my depression, my mood swings I have always had to go along with ocd's, my paranoia and anxiety kicked in when I stupidly took amphetamines to loose weight after I had my son and my daughter, my low self esteem also started when I was young cause of my weight and my parents and bullies, I got diagnosed with high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes in may 2 years ago and I started smoking when I was 11, I do self harm but instead of cutting I pick my skin

I used to be on citalopram 60mg four years ago but removed my self from them

now I am on fluoxetine 20mg (started them on the 3/1/12)
metformin,Victoza,enapril, loratadine and zopiclone.

I have tried to commit suicide twice one about 8 years ago and then again on the 2/1/12

I lost my mum six years ago hence why me my husband and my two children all live with my dad and we Lost my husbands dad to lukemia march 2011.

I quit my job just before xmas because of stress and really not liking it at all.

so all in all that sums up me
many thanks Jemma

diane07
11-01-12, 14:42
Hi Jemah85

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

clc
11-01-12, 16:16
Hi Jemma,

Sounds like you have been having a rough time! Puts things into perspective for me! I have found this site very useful when I low.

I suffer from anxiety and OCD (nasty thoughts) which has now caused me to be depressed. Sucks doesn't it!!

I'm on meds too (citalopram). Just wondering if you have been offered therapy? I'm just starting cognitive behavioural therapy. I have also heard meditation is great too. Maybe these are some things you can look into.

I think its incredibly brave to quit a job you hate so well done! I hope things become better for you soon. xx

venusbluejeans
11-01-12, 19:07
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Jemah85
11-01-12, 21:23
hi ya no therepy been offered yet I was seen by a physiatrist about four years ago when I lived in manchester for 6 months but thats about it but I will be approaching my gp about it as he thinks some of it may be down to a personality trait learnt by one or both of my parents and would like to do something about it sooner rather than later as I have 2 children of my own

I do sometimes wonder did I make the right decision but I am quite lucky because even though my husband is currently suffering from PTSD he is being very supportive of me.

Depression does suck as does anxiety and alot of people dont understand it and the effects it can cause,
one of my ocd's i would love to shake off its really a strange one I have to have everything symmetrical even the house we live in and its rooms so I am hoping my meds do as there supposed to which is not only help with my depression but also help my mood swings and ocd's but the anxiety side effect really isn't helping.

thank you for all your kind replies its good to know I am not alone