PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all

Borntoworry
11-06-06, 00:30
Hi everyone

Found these forums tonight... what a godsend!

Im 40yrs old and have been suffering for the past 8 years with health anxiety problems, I have a particular problem with fear of cancer.

On a particular bad trip at the moment, think I have the worst bout ever and I feel like i am totally losing it at the moment.
Have never pushed myself to get meds of doctor, really have not wanted to go down that road, but now wondering if I can take anymore without them.
Off to read the forums to try and calm me down..... maybe I will get a good nights sleep.

Amanda

[}:)]

Wenjoy
11-06-06, 07:25
Hi there
welcome to the site. I must say that this site has really helped me - I have used it like a diary, helped others who in return have given me advice and although I still suffer panic attacks I feel safe knowing others have the same problem. Use the site - I check it daily and find it really supportive. Good luck. Love wenjoy x

giddy
11-06-06, 07:37
Hello Amanda
Welcome to the site
Love Helen

trac67
11-06-06, 08:40
Hi Amanda,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Borntoworry
11-06-06, 09:17
Thanks very much for the warm welcome already.

Sat here last night, reading and relating so much to everyone, that my pounding head and sickness feeling vanished while engrossed :D
Got into bed and sighed [|)]

Lets just see if I can get round the supermarket today without a spinning spell :(

chucklehound
11-06-06, 10:09
Hi Amanda, welcome to the forum

chedda
11-06-06, 10:35
Hia amanda and welcome to the forum:D
I know like me you will find lots of good advice and comfort in knowing that you are not alone
take care cheryl xx

Daisybun
11-06-06, 11:29
Hi Amanda and welcome, there is a lot of support here. I too have a fear of cancer, all part and parcel of health anxiety, I have found this site so helpful and I'm sure you will too.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

marie ross
11-06-06, 11:30
Hi Amanda

Welcome to the forum, i hope you find a lot of help and good friends here.

Take care.

Marie XXX

Karen
11-06-06, 13:15
Hi Amanda

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=healthanxiety)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

chucklehound
11-06-06, 19:06
Hi Amanda and welcome to the forum

Louise1989
11-06-06, 19:12
Hi Amanda
Welcome to the forum:D

jackie
11-06-06, 21:03
amanda ive had it for over 4 years and i feel at the end of my tether with it too

i hope you can get and give help on here as i know how hard it is to live with and get others to understand

jackie

polly daydream
11-06-06, 21:17
[quote]Hi everyone

Found these forums tonight... what a godsend!

Im 40yrs old and have been suffering for the past 8 years with health anxiety problems, I have a particular problem with fear of cancer.

On a particular bad trip at the moment, think I have the worst bout ever and I feel like i am totally losing it at the moment.
Have never pushed myself to get meds of doctor, really have not wanted to go down that road, but now wondering if I can take anymore without them.
Off to read the forums to try and calm me down..... maybe I will get a good nights
sleep.

Amanda

Hi Amanda and welcome, never feel bad about asking for help once in a while, we all need it sometimes, if you need meds then go get some. I loathe taking drugs but had to concede to this myself in the end.

Best wishes,

Polly
:)

EmmaJane
11-06-06, 21:52
Hi Amanda,

I have/had the same fear as you. Im 90% better now, and have learnt how to cope with it. In time and on here you will hopefully find the support to help you through.

It may be worth while connsidering the meds. Im on prozac and although I have put on weight with them, they have helped me see things in a more realistic way. Im thinking of weaning off them now. I have had 2 instances when I have needed them and we have now come to the conclusion, I get bad PMT and they help tame that down.

Im rambling now, but by all means pm me if you wish and we can talk more

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

hayles
12-06-06, 08:57
Welcome to the site.
I hope reading the forums has helped to calm you down

Hay x