PDA

View Full Version : Another UTI infection. Panicking a LOT

chl_hobbs
11-01-12, 15:01
Well i went to see the GP as my back and side were hurting (around my left ribcage). He took a urine sample and said i had some white blood cells, a trace of nitrate and some blood so have a UTI. Thats the 3rd one in 4months. Im so worried because last time i convinced myself i was going to die and took myself to a+e and they let me stay on surgical ward overnight which actually made me feel even more scared. When they tested it in the lab it came back ok... no infection, even though i was being treated with Antibiotics.

How will i know if its in my kidneys or not? I do have pain in my mid left side, not a stabbing pain, more of an ache. If it is a kidney infection, will i die??? What will happen to me? I have been given Trimethoprim to take for 3days, he said if i feel no better or worse after 2days on them to come back. Now im scared they wont work!! :weep:

Please, anyone who has had UTIs could you help me? I dont want to get myself overstressed and nervous again.

Charlotte

hyg
11-01-12, 18:14
Hey
I suffer frequently with UTIs- have done all my life. Out of all the times Ive had it I only had it go to my kidneys twice,when this happens you feel REALLY ill with fever etc. It is usual to feel general aches around the kidney and lower tummy area when you have an infection.
Even if nothing was grown on a lab culture of your urine it doesnt mean you didnt have a low grade infection-which the antibiotics will clear. I very often dont have positive growth but AB s clear it up.
If the trimethropin doesnt work or clear it your GP will give you a different type of AB as some bugs are resistant to certain drugs.

Drink lots-Im sure you ll be fine hope you feel better soon:hugs:

chl_hobbs
11-01-12, 19:48
Thankyou so much. Ive been drinking loads this evening and am up and down the stairs back and forth to the toilet! There's quite a few white flakes in it which is worrying me but im hoping the trimethropin works because i keep getting so carried away with what might happen! Its so weird there was a time not so long ago that this wouldnt have bothered me, but now its like the end of the world! Mad what your mind can do. I'll try not to worry, just wanting to hear from others whove had them to see 'the other side'! thanks again hun, really helps xxxxxx

dusty41
11-01-12, 20:02
I too have also suffered with UTI and really freaked out about it, especially when my doc said there were traces of blood in it !! Apparently they are very common in women around "my age" (im only 41, she made me fel about 60 haha) I took the Aniti biotics and was back to normal(well as normal for health anxiety person can be) after a few days. So please try not to worry and Im sure it will clear up, plenty of water to flush ya kidneys out !! I know exactly what ya mean though a few years ago this would nt have been a big a deal, but now everything is magnified a 1000 times over !! Take care ! x