PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get pregnant and irregular bleeding

c700
11-01-12, 17:27
Myself and my husband have been trying for a baby for the past 6 months. I suffer from health anxiety and stress about having intercourse so we don't do it as much as we should! Too much info I know! I have irregular periods so don't really know when I ovulate and I am 32 for the past couple of cycles I have had irregular bleeding on around day 20 of my cycle. I have been to my gp she has tested for infection, had a internal exam, and I had a smear a year ago. I am now scared about s*x in case I bleed so not doing much for trying for a baby!
The doctor has told me to go back in a couple of months about the bleeding and said she will do blood tests After a year.
Can anyone offer me advice on how to get pregnant with all this going on?

tnt808
11-01-12, 18:03
Hi Hun,

6 months really isn't that long of a time. I know it may seem forever for you and hubby, but in reality it's not all that easy to get pregnant. I too have health anxiety and I'm 31 wks pregnant right now, and let me tell you the anxiety is in full swing!

As far as advice on how to get pregnant- well maybe just relax! I'm sure you've heard that before, but it's the best thing you can do. Not only will it help with your mind, but it can also help with the physical part of actually having sex. I'm terrified of blood, any blood so I do understand your fears...but you've had lots of tests and nothing has shown up so far. Relax babes and see how it goes.

Best of luck to you and hubby!

c700
11-01-12, 18:36
Thanks and good luck with your baby on the way!
Some very strange questions, but when people say they are trying how many times a week should they be having intercourse and should I try and work out when I ovulate? But that seems very difficult when I'm so irregular!

tnt808
11-01-12, 18:45
I think finding out when you ovulate would be a huge help. I was irregular for many years, and then it stopped and has been every month for forever now.

I think once you get your ovulation dates you will be able to be better prepared for when and how often. Unfortunately, we only have a small window to get pregnant every month, and knowing those dates would be extremely helpful to you. Once you do know them you and hubby can decide to have sex everyday during that time or every other day- it's what you both are comfortable with.

Good luck x