PDA

View Full Version : Bumps and dents on head?

Worried_Male
11-01-12, 21:11
Is this normal? When i feel the top half of the back of my head i can feel dents and bumps.

Is your head meant to be perfectly smooth?

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

Have resisted the urge to google so far but don't know how long i can hold out...

SomeOddworld
11-01-12, 21:12
I don't have a smooth forehead when I feel it, never really worried about it.

cjl2301
11-01-12, 21:16
You know, at one point where I was having HA I was worried about the same thing!!! It even went so far as when I was at the doctor for something else, I asked her about this.

She told me it's totally normal - you are feeling the areas of your head where the parts of your skull grew together after you were born. And everyone's are different.

Worried_Male
11-01-12, 21:27
You know, at one point where I was having HA I was worried about the same thing!!! It even went so far as when I was at the doctor for something else, I asked her about this.

She told me it's totally normal - you are feeling the areas of your head where the parts of your skull grew together after you were born. And everyone's are different.

Thank you! This has been very reassuring.

Pigeon
11-01-12, 22:27
In fact, it's so normal that in the past, people used to say you could tell someone's future from reading the bumps on their head! I think it's called 'phrenology'. Very strange, but true. If people didn't have bumps they would have been out of a job!:roflmao:

xfilme
12-01-12, 03:23
the back of my head at the top is flat, like its been hit with a spade... my dads is pointy... i think it varies with every person x

Worried_Male
17-01-12, 23:54
In fact, it's so normal that in the past, people used to say you could tell someone's future from reading the bumps on their head! I think it's called 'phrenology'. Very strange, but true. If people didn't have bumps they would have been out of a job!:roflmao:

Just looked up this 'phrenology' and it's put my mind at ease. Thank you so much!

bettykitten
18-01-12, 00:15
Mine is like a relief map of the Andes. :D

No-one has a smooth skull.

Worried_Male
18-01-12, 00:33
Mine is like a relief map of the Andes. :D

No-one has a smooth skull.

Yeah i just found something new and unknown (like HA sufferers do) and convinced myself it was serious.