PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

cassie1975
11-01-12, 21:12
The last couple of days have been a nightmare for me, I have had numerous panic attacks. I found a lump at the back of my ear and started to get panicky. I am already convinced its cancer even though I felt fine and no other symptoms. My friend came today who has suffered with HA herself she told me to phone the doctors (which at first I was relunctant to do ) The doctor phoned me back asked a couple of questions and said its probably a lymph node from a mild infection if you get any earache, fever, the lump gets bigger or you find more lumps ring back for an appointment. I felt fine for about an hour and then more panic set in my first thought "oh my god what if it gets bigger and then what if i have more lumps. I darent check my body incase i have more lumps. I am now terrified but wondering whether I should phone doctors and ask for medication to calm the panic attacks. What would you do ??? i was HA free (if you can call it that) for ten months i am determined to get there again !!!

SomeOddworld
11-01-12, 21:15
If there's no symptoms of cancer it's probably not cancer. I had a small growth on my ear and it was benign and I got it removed.

I'd make a docs appointment to check it out, just to put your mind to rest.

xfilme
11-01-12, 21:18
If its in the crease bejind your ear, it might be there for the same reasons I had a lump. When i washed my hair, i didnt rinse out all the conditioner, and it ran behind my ear, irritated the skin and made a bump come up that took about 3 weeks to disappear.

cassie1975
11-01-12, 21:24
Thanks for replies, no its not in the crease its further back than that, the worst thing is I have been here before and cant believe I am back I dont want it taking over my life again. :weep: