PDA

View Full Version : new member

afraid_of_everything
11-06-06, 15:43
I was surfing the internet for panic attacks/anxiety and came across this site. I am going on holiday tomorrow and I should be over the moon but I'm not. I am afraid that something will happen and I won't be able to copy. I've got pounding in the ears - probably blood pressure due to my anxiety. Someone on here said there are topics to help with this - where are they?
I really want to call a halt to the holiday but I can't as I would be letting my friend down but I really don't want to go and I can't tell my friend about my feelings because I feel really stupid.
Lorna

nomorepanic
11-06-06, 16:20
Hi there

To find the posts click on "search" under "The rabble" at the top of the screen.

Enter the word holiday in the "Search for" box and then change the "Search in" to be "subject only"

Hope that helps.

Nicola

Daisybun
11-06-06, 16:22
Hi Lorna, sorry you are feeling the anxiety about going on holidays, there are lots of us who feel the same. I went away two weeks ago and even though I had panic I did enjoy most of the break. Please don't let the anxiety take over so that you stop doing things, I know it is tempting but when you do your world gets smaller and smaller - so try and be brave, take some relaxing music, Bachs Rescue Remedy, Kalms whatever helps you to calm down and just have a great time. Welcome to the site by the way and have a good hol.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

afraid_of_everything
11-06-06, 17:48
Your kind words actually made me cry. Thank you.
Lorna

chucklehound
11-06-06, 19:04
Hi Lorna and welcome to the forum

clickaway
11-06-06, 19:11
Hi Lorna and welcome.

There have been some true words here. Yes, confide in your friend about your anxiety and it will make everything easier for you.

Its quite common for us to fear holidays in advance, and also on the day of travel, but invaribably we settle down and ENJOY ourselves!

I can totally identify with wanting to cancel, but I know you will go and it will be a success.

Try and find a cybercafe whilst you're away and keep us posted!

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

giddy
11-06-06, 20:02
Welcome to the forum Lorna
Love Helen

jackie
11-06-06, 21:01
hi lorna

i hope the anxiety doesnt win and you go on this trip and i hope you try to relax when you get there

but i also know how hard that can be when you have anxiety so just do what your heart tells you

jackie

EmmaJane
11-06-06, 21:59
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">You know what? When something does happen, we invariably always find a way to cope. It’s just instinctive. It’s just when we start to misuse our imagination that it all gets out of hand.
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I couldnt agree more with this quote and IF anything bad was to happen, there is always someone there to help. Plus, a bad thought is not usually a bad outcome. Its only thought, tell them to go away.

Cant you take some relaxation CDs and a walkman or any favourite music and get absorbed in that.

Enjoy your holiday. It will soon be over and it will be a shame, if you spend it worrying. You will get back and it will be blur.

Let us know how you get on.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

trac67
12-06-06, 09:16
Hi Lorna,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

panicdiva
12-06-06, 09:27
Lorna, I hope I you manage to read this before you go away. Please don't cancel your holiday. I can TOTALLY understand why you want to. I always feel like this now myself when I go away. I would do anything to get out of the holiday. I hate it when people say are you excited about your holiday. I want to say NO!!!! I'm dreading it - but I just say yes while my tummy does a flip. I find myself on the day wishing more than anything else that I was someone else - someone who is not going on holiday. My head knows that this is crazy because most people enjoy going on holiday. However, since I have been on this site I know now that loads & loads of people feel the same way as us.

So: I have never yet cancelled a holiday - & after the intial anxiety quitens down I ALWAYS enjoy myself & think what was I worried about? Then I start planning the next holiday.

What I am trying to say is - when you are travelling remember that you are not alone - and remember that any anxiety you are feeling will die down.

Enjoy yourself - & please post a note to let us know how you got on when you get back.

scoobygirl2005
12-06-06, 11:54
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

manmoor
12-06-06, 18:12
Hi Lorna,

You will be made very welcome herex

Mandy xx

clickaway
13-06-06, 15:07
Lorna - hope you enjoying your holiday. Don't forget to tell us how you got on.

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Karen
13-06-06, 19:09
Hi Lorna

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you are having a good time on holiday.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey