PDA

View Full Version : ARGH! Breathlessness! And that 'doomful' feeling..

VioletWings
12-01-12, 19:53
I seem to have posted about breathlessness so many times. I absolutely hate feeling breathless, so sympathies with any of you that experience it too. I haven't in a while, but just over a week or so ago, I woke up with my chest feeling weird, and when I coughed (and laughed)my chest hurt. The chest pain when coughing didn't get any worse and I was hardly coughing, though it felt kinda 'weird', especially when taking a big breath. Then the breathlessness seeped in. I went to the doctor who listened to my chest and said it was probably a virus. No doubt he is right, but with my body still feeling weird and the breathlessness it's been getting to me.
I did get very stressed about my budgie who was having horrible health symptoms himself last week (-at least he doesn't worry like I do!) and I have a treadmill cardio test coming up which I started to worry about a lot last night (even though all other tests have been fine and this is just a final check kinda thing) So today I got all the horrible depressing, health-related doomful thoughts! :weep:

I'll take this chance to ask one question -is it normal with anxiety to feel breathless when talking and walking??

So thanks for reading, I just wanted to get it out I suppose, and appreciate any reassurance :hugs: