PDA

View Full Version : why did i do this to my self lol

Em.ma
12-01-12, 19:59
today i went to costume store with a friend as he wanted to get doctors costumes for his drama a level.
they had a real stephoscope and i listened to his heart- clear, normal beat sound. i listeneed to mine and the sound was muffly could barely hit it- lots of backgrounds noise and a quiet beat.
Now i worry the stress/anxiety i am under will cause heart faulire.
i am very very unfit.

Elen
12-01-12, 20:04
Emma hun, stay away from stephoscopes.

Your heart is fine honey, try and find something to occupy your mind and distract it away from over analyising your body.

mikewales
12-01-12, 20:06
You need to use a stethoscope on bare skin - did you do this ? if your friend had a thin top on and you had a thick jumper, obviously the sound will be more muffled on yours.

Em.ma
12-01-12, 20:07
i used my on skin it was muffled.
he used it on his top and it was muffled lol x
Thanks elen x

mikewales
12-01-12, 20:11
It also depends on how much body fat you have, obviously the closer to the surface of the skin the heart is, the louder and clearer the beat will be.

But in any case, don't listen to your heart ! only medically trained people can tell if there is a problem by listening, all you will do is convince yourself there is, and then get wound up by it.

If your heart stops working, you will soon know about it !

Em.ma
12-01-12, 20:20
I only worry as im so unfit lol and my heart beat is up a lot from anxiety haha

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

like i could not even get a clear heatbeat at all from me lol

daisycake
12-01-12, 20:45
I only worry as im so unfit lol and my heart beat is up a lot from anxiety haha

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

like i could not even get a clear heatbeat at all from me lol

You can get a noisy tummy at times - that could interfere. Doctors often listen to your tummy to hear what's happening there so you can hear that through a stethoscope too. You also don't medically know exactly where to position it, so you could have been hearing your tummy with a faint heartbeat in the background. Please don't worry, but see a GP if you are still scared.

Em.ma
12-01-12, 21:36
Thank you :D