PDA

View Full Version : A few days into an 'anxious' episode for no reason at all!

Icarus123
12-01-12, 20:15
Hi,

Im 30 and brand new to this forum. I have had depression for about 8 years and been taking meds for about 5 years (before that I thought I was just ill!)

I have been up and down on the dose of sertraline from 50mg to a max of 150mg and was on 100mg for the past 18 months. I went down to 75mg at the end of Oct and was fine but since the Christmas break (I was off for 3 weeks) I have fallen into my old ways of anxiety and feeling ill!

i dont think i really feel depressed like I did a few years ago although my mind is racing and I have very general anxiety (i have nothing i should be worried about) and then start getting anxious about being anxious!!

I am seeing my counsellor on monday (for the first time in about 4 years) and saw my doc today who said to keep the pills as they are for the moment!

I just feel rubbish! I have a fuzzy head and headache and feel sick . stomach ache most of the time (and have a lot of trips to the toilet!).

How do i break the cycle of worrying and lower my overall stress / anxiety level? Does anyone have any tips on helping with the physical symptoms etc?

I really feel like I want to cry and have tears bottling up - maybe i just need to give that a try?!

Thanks

nomorepanic
12-01-12, 20:16
Hi Icarus123

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
12-01-12, 23:23
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

venusbluejeans
13-01-12, 12:13
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: